Schroth therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schroth therapy

I would like to know if anyone has information or experience regarding Schroth physical therapy. There are not many studies so it is hard to assess whether it is effective.

worth learning about

There are quite a few comments about Schroth treatment on this
    site (just search "Schroth"). My daughter has been to a Schroth
    clinic in Wisconsin and felt treatment was helpful, even for someone
    in her 20's with advanced curves (not measured for almost 5 years,
    but 47T/45L at last XRay).The studies which I have seen for adolescents
    are global treatment programs (include bracing, manual therapy, Schroth, emotional support, etc.), but they suggest that that type of program
    can be effective.

Comment

Originally posted by faykagan
      I would like to know if anyone has information or experience regarding Schroth physical therapy. There are not many studies so it is hard to assess whether it is effective.
      The Schroth and Physio-logic program has eliminated my pain and disability. You can send me a private message .

Comment

It worth a try

I think the Schroth method does help because I see improvements in my daughter: it helps her with her posture and also reduced her curves. My daughter was diagnosed with Scoliosis in 2005 when she was 13. She wore a brace full time, did the Pneumex treatment for 3 months and did its home exercises until she started the Schroth method in 2006. Her curve measurements has been staying about the same before she started Schroth. After 7 months of doing the Schroth exercises, her x-ray(brace off for 24 hours before taking the x-ray) showed that her curves were reduced. Seven months later she took another x-ray (brace off for 2 weeks), her curves were bigger than the previous x-ray but still smaller than her original measurements.
        The Schroth method is not cheap and you also need to buy the equipments to set up a home exercise area so that you can continue with the exercises. I was told that it would also help back pain. Since my daughter doesn't have back pain problem, I can't say anything about that.

Comment

Working...
        X