Hi Everyone appoinment Next Friday 1st Feb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone appoinment Next Friday 1st Feb

Hi Everyone I know I dnt post here much, but I always read all the post, I had my MRI scan back in November, and have now finally been called back to see the surgeon, long wait because he had to cancel some clinics and then make appoinments for them again...
    Anyway im not sure what this appoinment is about he has already suggested surgery thats why I had the MRI so would this appoinment be mainly talking about it and what he is going to???
    He hasnt really told me a lot about what is happeneing..
    My curve is now 70degrees and it was 60 in 2004 so they say It is just going to keep getting worse I am 20 now, and really want it all to be over, my parents are 100% behind me which is surprise I thought they would ask me not to have it..mainly cause I have had a lot of health problems in the past and have already nearly died a few times..normally duing an op so I am a bit worried about that, but this isnt an emergency like my other ops so hopefully everything will go fine.. im just scared about the op.. not about the appoinments or anything of course just thinking about when I go in and how long it is to recover and that he said I would need 6 weeks off work is that right??? i only have a desk job so might be ok..

Anyway sorry to go on a bit.

Angela
    x
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Good luck with your appointment Angela.

Ruth
    Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

thank you its the first appoinment that my mum wants to come in with me for...so at least I will have her there

Angela
      xx
      Angela, 25 England.
      May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Comment

Good luck Angela - let us know how you get on.

Anne
        Mum to Annessa, age 15
        53 degree thoracic curve down to 10 degrees.
        Date of surgery: 7th Feb 2008
        Edinburgh, Sick Kids
        Fused T4 - L1

Comment

Angela--keep us posted with how your appointment goes. Six weeks off from work might be about right, depending on how you do, for a desk job--since you are so young. You might think about easing in by working partial days at first... Best wishes for a good appointment that helps you feel well-informed and ready!
          71 and plugging along... but having some problems
          2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
          5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
          Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
          CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
          10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

thanks I will keep you posted i cant wait...i know my surgery probably still wont be for months, what do I like have to prepair around the house I live with my parents and my next door naighbour is a nurse so she said when I have it she will pop in to help...

Is there anything special I have to get for after the surgery?

thanks in advance.
            Angela
            xx
            Angela, 25 England.

Comment

Hello Angela-
              I am late getting around to everyones posts, but I will be waiting to hear about your upcoming appt. You are in the best place in the world here, to get prepared for surgery. I cannot fathom having scoliosis surgery without this forum. Hang in there and have faith that everything will work out fine. You have plenty of time to get ready for it. Best wishes, dear!
              Lisa age 47
              T curve 69 degrees
              L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
              fused to from T-3 to sacrum
              anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
              pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

thanks crepehanger i will post probably next saturday, beacuse I wont be getting back till late on Friday.

This is a good place glad i found this site, i found it just after i got diagnosed so its been great reading peoples stories it helps.

And thanks to everyone who have answered pervious questions that I have.
                Angela, 25 England.

Comment

Working...
                X