No announcement yet.

Well, all my pre-op tasks are done ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, all my pre-op tasks are done ;-)

Banked my pint of blood today, visited with Hanson (took more xrays - different A/P's than I'd ever had - fists balled under the chin ... haven't looked at the CD, but am about to.), and went over to Methodist to talk to Anesthesia.

Sooooo ... looks like all ready on that front!

Hanson still estimates 5 days in the hospital for me, fusion to the point of jogging at 2 months - and softball at 4 months (he's using a combo of cadaver/BMP).

He laughed at some of the (54) tasks on my "to do" list - and reassures me I'm beyond prepared. In fact the laugh was accompanied by a look that could have been intrepreted as " ... they make meds for people like you, you know ..." - LOL.

He really gave me a look at "... remind (my friend) Courtney to put all the body jewelry back in post op ...".

Pam ;-)
    Last edited by txmarinemom; 01-17-2008, 07:01 PM.
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Good luck, Pam...

Comment

Hi TXMARINEMOM,

My daughter (your twinner) banked her blood today as well. We are in the homestretch. They are having her do 1 unit this week and another next as she is tiny. She was a trooper though and it was not as hard for her as I thought. Hope you had a nice juicy steak for dinner to get back your strength.

I enjoying reading your posts about getting things ready. I am totally immersing myself in the preparation to keep myself busy, but think maybe I went overboard.

I stocked up on groceries cause I knew I couldn't just run out and get something as I would like to be with her round the clock for the first week or two home. Anyway, Sam looked in the pantry and said "Mom, what are you preparing for a nuclear holacaust!!

Maybe I better ease up on the preparations!

Best to you!
      Samsmom
      Mom to Samantha, Age 17

64 Degree Thoracic Curve
      42 Degree Lumbar Curve
      Fused T-4 to L-2
      Yale New Haven
      2/5/08

Comment

Working...
      X