Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Image

Hi,
    I've been werein a boston brace 4 2 years now.
    I'm not a skinny mini person and never have been but my brace dr is a tiny little person and has told me many times i need to lose weight.
    This makes me really sad
    I have been trying really hard to lose weight but am finding it really hard
    Does anyone else find it hard? or does any one have any good ways to lose weight in a boston brace?

Thanx,
    BraceGal (BOSTON BRACE 2 YEARS)
    HI! I'm Tayla
    I Wore A Boston Brace For 5Years!
    It Was Taken Off May 10.
    But... After a Review in Nov 10 My Back had got badd!!
    Im Now On The Waiting List For Surgery To Get The Bottom Curve Fused.
    pre surgery:
    51 at the top.
    49 at the bottom

<3 Tayy
    S COLIOSIS
    Makes Us Stronger... <3

My daughter got the same comments. It is because studies show that in heavier kids, bracing is not as successful. I don't think they are trying to be personal. Nonetheless, it always upset Rachel. My older daughter has had good success with losing excess weight using online weight watchers. She logs in and logs her points used 2 or 3 times a day.
    God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

thanx
      ill have to try that
      wearing a brace and haveing other medical problems make it hard but ive gota try!
      HI! I'm Tayla
      I Wore A Boston Brace For 5Years!
      It Was Taken Off May 10.
      But... After a Review in Nov 10 My Back had got badd!!
      Im Now On The Waiting List For Surgery To Get The Bottom Curve Fused.
      pre surgery:
      51 at the top.
      49 at the bottom

<3 Tayy
      S COLIOSIS
      Makes Us Stronger... <3

Comment

Working...
      X