San Diego Support Group Meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego Support Group Meeting

The San Diego Chapter of the Scoliosis Assoc. will be having a support group meeting on Jan 19 & March 15th, 2008, 2pm, Childrens Hospital Medical Offices Bld., Rm. 113, 3030 Childrens Way, San Diego. All ages are welcome, we are especially trying to build up members for our kid/teen support group. For info or questions contact www.sdscoliosis.com or e-mail sdscoliosis@yahoo.com

I am not a teen, I am a ty (60) but I am very interested in attending. Glad there's one like this in San Diego.

Comment

Hi savedbygrace,

I should have emphasized the meetings are open to all ages & we are trying to build membership for all age groups - sorry about that. Hope to see you there!

Renee

Comment

Originally posted by flowerpower
        Hi savedbygrace,

I should have emphasized the meetings are open to all ages & we are trying to build membership for all age groups - sorry about that. Hope to see you there!

Renee
        Hi: Great information. Please go to www:scoliosisPT.net

Comment

Originally posted by BETall
          Hi: Great information. Please go to www:scoliosisPT.net

Ms. Torres, you are directing people to your OWN website? I find that inappropriate, at BEST.

There's been much underground discussion on this board about members, their (oft times) hidden agendas, and how you never really know what motivates some to keep repeating the same response to every case.

Apparently, it's financial. What a shame.
          Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
          AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
          Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
          Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
          EMAIL ME

Comment

Originally posted by txmarinemom
            Ms. Torres, you are directing people to your OWN website? I find that inappropriate, at BEST.

There's been much underground discussion on this board about members, their (oft times) hidden agendas, and how you never really know what motivates some to keep repeating the same response to every case.

Apparently, it's financial. What a shame.
            This is what you think!
            Money is not the answer . Pain and disability is .

Comment

Dear Ms. Torres,

Unfortunately, your posts sound like "advertising" and that's why folks are suspicious. As the parent of a child with scoliosis, I can understand why people are skeptical and want every technique examined carefully before consideration. There is TOO MUCH at stake and some folks are very vulnerable.

When you post the same response, over and over, in threads where the topic is not even being discussed, and direct them to your own personal PT website, I'm afraid it comes off as very self-serving.

If you have some information or experience to add to a particular discussion, by all means please do, as everyone is welcome to add their thoughts. But, if not, then, as a parent, I ask that you to PLEASE stop pasting the link to your site EVERYWHERE. It is VERY easy to see why someone would think those posts were financially motivated.
              mariaf305@yahoo.com
              Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
              Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

new meeting info

just wanted to update some info in case anyone is interested:

The San Diego chapter of the Scoliosis Assoc. will be hosting a support group meeting 2pm, March 15, 2008, Rm. 113 Medical Offices Building (next to Children's Hosp.), 3030 Children's Way, San Diego.

The topic of the meeting will be: "Fusion-less Treatment for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis", presented by Dr. Burt Yaszay, MD.

Dr. Yaszay is an orthopedic surgeon who has recently joined in working with Dr. Peter Newton. His current focus is on the pediatric spine with special interest in scoliosis. He completed his fellowship in New York and focused heavily on pediatric and adult spinal conditions.

For more information please visit www.sdscoliosis.com or email sdscoliosis@yahoo.com
                Last edited by flowerpower; 02-05-2008, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Support Groups

I think support groups are a great idea, these kids and adults go through so much living with scoliosis, it would be nice to share with others. Maybe other support groups could post their website or a contact person and maybe what they talk about, what research they find, etc.
                  Here is something for any scoli support group to talk about. A new friend of mine has written to Oprah to encourage her to have a show on scoliosis. Oprah.com has a spot to enter ideas for future shows. Please spread the word to go on and request this program to discuss scoli, diagnosis, surgery and alternatives, lack of insurance coverage, etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X