Scoliosis Support Meeting in Las Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis Support Meeting in Las Vegas

The Scoliosis Association of Clark County will meet Thursday January 31st @ 6:00 pm to 7 pm. The featured speaker will be Dr. Robert S. Pashman, Director of Scoliosis and Spinal Deformity at Cedars Sinai Institute for Spinal Disorders in Los Angeles. Dr. Pashman is recognized as an international expert in the treatment of scoliosis, spinal deformities, and complex spinal revision surgery.

Dr. Pashman will talk about the “Evolution of Scoliosis Surgical Techniques” for adolescent and adult spine, discuss guidelines for when to consider surgery, explain the latest surgical techniques and the correction potential for adult surgery and adolescent scoliosis surgery.

Dr. Pashman states, “The surgical treatment of Idiopathic Scoliosis has evolved considerably over the last two decades. With the super-specialization of spine surgery and development of superior fixation devises, new surgical philosophies and techniques have emerged.”

For more information on Dr. Pashman visit www.espine.com.

The meeting will be held at: Children’s Bone & Spine Surgery Center, 1525 East Windmill Lane, Las Vegas. Free, refreshments provided.

For more information about The Scoliosis Association, visit them at
    www.scoliosis-assoc.org

Support Groups sound great

Thanks for your information. I will look at your site and look for a group in my area. Perhaps you could encourage your members to go to
    Oprah.com
    and to the spot to enter and idea for future shows - enter scoliosis. Wouldn't it be great to have her cover this subject, she does a good job of making people aware of what others are facing in their lives.
    Does your group lobby for insurance coverage, do any research on alternative treatments?
    Thanks so much.

Comment

That's a great idea! I just went to Oprah's site and entered "Living With Scoliosis" as a topic for a future show.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Chris

Comment

Chris WBS

Chris-- I just tried to PM you, but your mailbox is full... so I'm just letting you know you need to empty some soon. I do too!
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
        X