Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions for pre-op appointment at CHOP Phila

Hi,
    Our daughter is having surgery Jan 29 with Dr. Dormans at chop in philadelphia. We are going to pre-op meeting next week the 11th, Any advice, suggestions going into this meeting with doctors, our daughter, Emily is 18 with Down Syndrome and was wondering if anyone on this forum has a child with DS that had this surgery?

Hi there,

My daughter Nicole had her surgery with Dr. Dormans almost 4 months ago. I hope Emily's experience is as positive as Nicole's was. He is an excellent surgeon and the care there was wonderful. The time we spent there was very difficult, however. Some kids have a harder time with pain than others. Some have spasms while others don't.

I work with very young children with special needs. I don't know enough about your daughter, but obviously as much preparation as possible. Tour the hospital, look at the playrooms, bring as much "lovey" kinds of things that will make her comfortable the day of. Just being by her side 24 hours a day will make things better.

If you have any questions for me I would be happy to e-mail or talk. Best of luck. You picked a great place.
    Melissa
    From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
    Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Working...
    X