PDA

View Full Version : I would like to hear from you

M.Armstrong
06-16-2004, 11:57 PM
I would like to hear from you concerning your x-rays. Does your ortho require you to remove your brace for a certain amount of time prior to your x-rays?

Thank you,

ellie
06-17-2004, 12:48 AM
Hello,

I am getting my brace on the 28th of June and I have received instructions of:

check up with xrays in the brace one month after getting it.

check up with xrays every other appt. and I will take it off the night before and go in and get xrays.

Hope this helps,

Ellie

yalie2009
06-18-2004, 08:59 AM
For me, I had an x-ray at every appointment with my orthopedist, with my brace on (I wore it 23 hrs/day).
When I began taking it off more and more to finally be finished with it, then my doctor would have me take it off for x hours beforehand and if the x-ray was good, I could leave it off for x hours a day from then on, etc with more hours off before for the next appointment.

AZ

M.Armstrong
06-20-2004, 10:40 PM
Thank you so much for responding to me. My son's doctor x-rays him with his brace off; however, I took him for a second opinion sometime back and that doctor x-rays with the brace on. He also stated that he would like for him to come back in three months with him brace off 24 hours prior to his appointment. I just wondered what other doctors required.

Thank you,

Mary Lou
06-21-2004, 12:31 PM
My daughter's doctor x-rays her in the brace. I asked her to x-ray her without the brace and she basically said no. She said we will x-ray out of the brace at the next appointment, but she didn't give us any instructions like some of you have received.

Mary Lou

dapsbounce8
06-24-2004, 07:38 PM
I was always x-rayed without my brace, but there was no amount of time that it had to be off for before hand.

stormeygal
06-29-2004, 02:20 PM
At the shriners' hospital in st. louis, i have been xrayed with my brace on and I believe I have also had it off.