I just got my brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got my brace

Hi everybody. I just got my brace yesterday. I just thought that I'd tell ya that I finally got my first brace.
    Happy new year!- smoothie305

Brace

Hey just letting you know that its great you have a positive additude about the brace instead of fighting it like i did, but I have learned to love my scoliosis and my brace (did i just say that???) Good luck adjusting and keep up the positive additude

Danielle
    Danielle
    14 Freshwoman
    December 1st got no head the boston brace
    Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
    In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
    In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
    We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

Lol! And thats what everybody's tellin' me - to keep up the positive attitude. And it's definitely an adjustment. I found that the brace makes me look kind of, square I guess. But hey, at least tomorrow I'm goin' shopping for new clothes - YAY!!! Tonight will be my first night sleeping in it (Hopefully I won't have to take it off in the middle of the night - lol). I eventually have to wear it for 20 hours a day.

Happy new year! - smoothie305

Comment

yeah, clothing wise I wear my pants under it...idk bout u but i think its easier, sure u take more time in the bathroom but teachers dont really mind if they know, clothing for me I have found a ton of dresses that have halter that I can wear to school and they still fit (if ur the dress type) also, invest in a stretchy black or white cami thats plain and has a built in bra I just adjust the strap and pull it ovr my brace humps on the shoulders, works for me, and ppl are absolutley rite, I wish I had ppl cheering me on...instead of one of my friends being jealous of my attention (i know who wuld b jealous?) and maliciously being mean to me and saying I was being an (A) and being "self conscious" i can just say she missed out on a greeat friendship im here for U tho if u need me continue wiht the good tood and ull b fine in 2-3 weeks
        Danielle
        14 Freshwoman

Comment

That is great you are so positive i got my brace and i fought and threw tantrums but it didn't help and now i love my brace and im happy i got it(omg i just said dat ha ha)
          do you have a aim if so im me at jrodslilsis
          Jodi Lynn
          Milwaukee Brace from age 11-13
          Surgery June 30th (age 14)
          Now 16 and as happy as ever
          *Brace Yourself*

Comment

hey jodi yeah u can im me too if u want : ellachihuahua13
            Danielle
            14 Freshwoman

Comment

Yeah my screenname is smoothiegirl305. Well like I said I went shopping today and got a lot of shirts that are like tighter in the chest area and then kinda poof out. And I got a couple long shirts and some leggings or whatever you call them. And - lol I love your brace's name! When I got my brace my mom said "What should we name your brace?" then she said "How about we name it straighty cause' it straightens your back?" So I guess my brace's name is "Straighty". And last night I thankfully didn't have to take it off, but I felt kinda stiff in the morning.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! - smoothie305

Comment

lol i named my brace harley cuz its harly colors and its sweet
                Jodi Lynn
                Milwaukee Brace from age 11-13
                Surgery June 30th (age 14)
                Now 16 and as happy as ever
                *Brace Yourself*

Comment

Working...
                X