Gave the rods a workout this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave the rods a workout this morning

I was getting out of bed and my feet got tangled up and I FELL. I tried to crumple instead of fall hard, but I fell on my side and bounced a little. Dammit. The worst part was, because of my weak leg, I couldn't get myself up -- luckily my husband was in the kitchen and came running. I know lots of you have fallen and been okay. I'm pretty sure I'm okay but I guess I'll be more sore than usual. It does shake you up though!

If something got pulled loose, I guess I'd know it, right?

This recovery sure is nerve-wracking.....
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Singer,

yea, I did the samething, but I tripped over the cat! I scared the &**^%$* out of me. I was afraid to even move for a few moments after the fall. I was OK, it was just really scary
    Sandy
    SandyC

Comment

My heart was in my throat...

Chris,

My heart was in my throat when I signed on today and saw your message. However, your obvious and terrific sense of humor gave me assurance that you were probably ok. Yesterday was my official six month post op mark, and I continue to have severe apprehension about falling. Carrying a cane when I am out in public and during my daily walk (although I don't really need it except to scare away squirrels and navigate icy spots) is my "crutch" for falling because I'm not sure I could get up without assistance either. I'm glad your husband was close by to come to your assistance.

I hope some warm showers and rest will allow you to feel better in time to celebrate the beginning of 2008!

Take care,
      Linda
      Linda
      Two-stage A/P fusion T6-S1 with lumbar implants June 12 & June 27, 2007 at age 57
      S curve 75+ degrees with kyphosis
      Now 45 degrees and standing 3 inches taller!
      Dr. Frank Rand, New England Baptist Hospital, Boston

Comment

Serveral of us here have had a fall of some degree after our surgeries. When I had mine I was scared to death that I ruined something in my back.

I felt the soreness for a couple of weeks, but I was fine. It's just so normal to have that fear, and I'm 2 1/2 years post, and that still seems to be one of my biggest fears. Just take extra caution in the snow and icy conditions.

Shari

Comment

Thank you ladies. Two days later I'm a little more sore than usual but I'm sure it's just muscular and I'm okay. The ironic part is I had JUST decided last week to put my cane away because I was sashaying around without it and feeling extremely pleased with myself. I walk with a slight limp without it and was afraid I was getting too dependent on it....perhaps I will still use it when I'm out and about. I definitely don't want to fall on concrete or pavement.....carpet was bad enough.

I think my poor husband is ready to trade me in for a newer model....
          Chris

Comment

well, honey, you ARE a newer model !!!

I sure can sympathize, I tripped on a speed bump walking across a parking lot at night and I felt like I was back to week 2. It must be muscle pulls, because it does get better over time. hang in there, and may the upright forces be with you.....
            Lisa age 47
            T curve 69 degrees
            L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
            fused to from T-3 to sacrum
            anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
            pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Originally posted by crepehanger
              well, honey, you ARE a newer model !!!
              Crepe, I love that quip ;-).

Singer, you're doing great, and I'm sure that WAS scary! Although I'm certain it wasn't your preferred method of "hardware testing", on the upside it sounds like everything is fusing well, right?

So glad to hear you're doing okay!!

Regards,
              Pam
              Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
              AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
              Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
              Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
              EMAIL ME

Comment

"well, honey, you ARE a newer model !!!"

LOL!! You're absolutely right. Maybe someday I'll feel as new as I look....!
                Chris

Comment

Working...
                X