Merry Christmas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas!

Hi everyone, just want to wish you all a merry christmas, and hope that you're enjoying it in your own way! I'm recovering from my surgery right now, so mine will be quiet, but I'm really looking forward to spending time with my family. We're starting off with breakfast with my partners parents here at our house, his mum's cooking us pancakes. We'll open presents with them in the morning, and then head over to my sisters to do it all again with my family. We're having a late lunch, with turkey, ham, and all the trimmings! We're taking over my lazy-boy chair so I can participate in comfort.

Here in NZ it's summer, so we're hoping for a hot sunny day (but the forecast is rain), barbeques, and perhaps a trip to the beach to try out the new beach toys! I won't be heading to the beach this year, but I'll be having fun anyway. We're also first in line for Christmas, being a day ahead of you folks in the USA.
    Just thought I'd share what I'm up to, because I'm really bored right now!
    1994 curve at age 13, 70 degrees, untreated
    2000 Anterior fusion with instrumentation T9-L2, corrected to 36 degrees, 14 degree angle between fused and un-fused thoracic spine.
    2007 26 degrees junctional scoliosis
    Revision surgery, 6th December 2007 T4 to L3, Posterior approach.
    msandham.blogspot.com

Thanks for starting this!

NZ--it sounds like you will have a wonderful Christmas, even if it is much slower than normal. So glad that you have loving family and friends to spend it with.

I've got family here too-- haven't seen part of them yet, as they got here in the wee hours and I wasn't up still. Our oldest daughter and son-in-law flew from New Hampshire-- to O'Hare (Chicago), but had flight delays. Our youngest daughter drove from Wisconsin (she was visiting her boyfriend and his family) to pick them up, and it all went well and they're here safely--just later than planned. My middle daughter and son-in-law drove here yesterday in time for supper. We will just have a fun time visiting and probably playing games and things like that. Tonight we'll go to the Christmas Eve service at our church. The girls will be good and help with the meals and that kind of stuff, because even after 7 months, my endurance isn't totally back yet. Besides, that's tiring for anyone! We'll have a great time. I've tried to pace myself and have lots of Christmas cookies made, the presents are all wrapped, etc. So I think I can just relax with them and enjoy the family time together.

Merry Christmas to all of you, too! Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Merry Christmas to you all. I know I have a lot to be thankful for this year, as I am sure many of you do too. I am definitely thankful for all your (this forum's) support over the past year.

As far as travel goes, I experienced nightmares in O'Hare this year and they actually lost our luggage (without claim tickets), but by a X-Mas miracle, all was recovered last night and my family received their presents.

Hope everyone is having happy holidays.

Best,
      Anya
      "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
      Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
      19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
      X