I'm Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Home

hey guys, so it's officially been a week and a day!

I came home sunday! but i couldn't make myself write until today.

so far so good, some of the things i've read for months and months i'm finally experiencing! (which is fun!)

i'm doing great....SORENESS OF COURSE, but hey, thats part of it!

So One Major question for now: MY LEFT HAND IS SWOLLEN, MY DOC TOLD ME TO KEEP IT ELEVATED (WHICH IS SOMETIMES HARD TO DO) I'VE BEEN HOME FOR SOME DAYS NOW AND ITS STILL DARK AND SWOLLEN...ANY SUGGESTIONS...

I have tons more to say, but i'll have to catch up w/ u guys later...

thanks for the prayers!!
    glenda

54T
    Posterior spinal Fusion--Dec. 12, 2007
    Fusion: T5-L3

10T and Loving it!!

Did you have a morphine drip in that hand? If the morphine blows the vein, it takes a few days for the swelling to go down. You can try moist heat (a hot wash cloth) on it.
    T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
    2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
    3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
    Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Welcome home, and I hope you have a happy holiday season. Just enjoy your family and friends and their support, but don't feel bad it you have to "bow out" and rest a bit at a time.

Take care of you!!!

Shari

Comment

Glenda--hooray! It's great that you're home and on the road to recovery! I can't help you with the hand problem, other than to say call your doctor if it's worrying you too much or gets worse. Take good care of yourself and enjoy the Christmas season with your family. Don't overdo it--rest up and have friends come see you for short times.
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Yay!!!

So good to hear you're home, Glenda! Remember to rest and keep your nutrition up during these early days. I am anxious to hear how everything went for you. Welcome home, dear!
          Lisa age 47
          T curve 69 degrees
          L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
          fused to from T-3 to sacrum
          anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
          pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Working...
          X