PDA

View Full Version : I'm Home

glenda87
12-20-2007, 12:35 PM
hey guys, so it's officially been a week and a day!

I came home sunday! but i couldn't make myself write until today.

so far so good, some of the things i've read for months and months i'm finally experiencing! (which is fun!)

i'm doing great....SORENESS OF COURSE, but hey, thats part of it!

So One Major question for now: MY LEFT HAND IS SWOLLEN, MY DOC TOLD ME TO KEEP IT ELEVATED (WHICH IS SOMETIMES HARD TO DO) I'VE BEEN HOME FOR SOME DAYS NOW AND ITS STILL DARK AND SWOLLEN...ANY SUGGESTIONS...

I have tons more to say, but i'll have to catch up w/ u guys later...

thanks for the prayers!!

rainbow2010
12-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Did you have a morphine drip in that hand? If the morphine blows the vein, it takes a few days for the swelling to go down. You can try moist heat (a hot wash cloth) on it.

Shari
12-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Welcome home, and I hope you have a happy holiday season. Just enjoy your family and friends and their support, but don't feel bad it you have to "bow out" and rest a bit at a time.

Take care of you!!!

Shari

Susie*Bee
12-22-2007, 06:34 AM
Glenda--hooray! It's great that you're home and on the road to recovery! I can't help you with the hand problem, other than to say call your doctor if it's worrying you too much or gets worse. Take good care of yourself and enjoy the Christmas season with your family. Don't overdo it--rest up and have friends come see you for short times. :)

crepehanger
12-22-2007, 01:11 PM
So good to hear you're home, Glenda! Remember to rest and keep your nutrition up during these early days. I am anxious to hear how everything went for you. Welcome home, dear!