Long plane flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long plane flights

Greetings all. Pretty soon I will be on a 14.5 hour flight (nonstop) I'm trying to see if anyone has any pointers on alleviating the pain and discomfort of being on a plane for that amount of time. If any of y'all have any tricks of the trade you'd like to share I'd be more than interested! The flight over was ridiculously painful and I had a layover. Hmm... Well, forgive me for the rant. Thank you again.
    25 yr old female =^_^=
    Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
    Lumbar curve 23 degrees
    surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
    Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

I too find long flights pretty bad and haven't yet found anything to make them easy.

I appreciate it's cold comfort, but I too would like an answer if there is one. The best I have managed so far is to set an alarm so I don't sleep for too long at a time as I seem to get stiffer (and more painful) if I sleep too long in such a restricted space.

Good Luck with the flight!
    Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
    Post op 30(T)/33(L)
    http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've used Lidoderm patches on the most painful areas with much success on shorter flights, the patches can be on up to for 12 hours and off for 12 hours. Your DR can prescribe them

Comment

Working...
      X