Anyone facing delayed CT Scans/MRI's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone facing delayed CT Scans/MRI's?

Just wondering if anyone has been affected by the world wide shortage of that radioactive material required for diagnostic imaging (I don't even know if it applies to CT Scans/MRI's). I've been referred to a CT Scan by my surgeon; however, I've yet to receive a call to book an appointment - just curious if anyone is facing delays.

Delays

No delays here. Got my CT scan in a week and done.
    Male age 42
    Dix at 12 Milwaukee brace 13 to 15
    right thoracic curve @ 65*
    left lumbar curve @ 35*
    L3-4 endplate degenerative changes
    left sided disc protrusion at L4-5 hittin the L4 nerve root
    Cervical,Thoracic and Lumbar degenerative disc disease

Comment

Canadian Bacon:

You probably already know this......the Chalk River reactor is back up and running (without the back-up of the back-up system it didn't have, which is why it was shut down!). I am trusting Steven Harper on this one that the safety advice he is getting is good advice since we live pretty close to Chalk River!! Anyway, the medical isotopes are being shipped again now so the shortage should be short.

Ruth
      Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

The worldwide shortage of the isotope has no effect on CT scans or MRIs, so don't worry. It's more likely delayed because they are waiting for an authorization. I'd give them a call. They probably just got sidetracked.
        Lisa
        Mom to Mackenzie
        diagnosed March 2007 at 28 degree thoracic, 40 degree lumbar
        August 2007 - 37 degree thoracic, 37 degree lumbar
        March 2008 - 39 degree thoracic, 37 degree lumbar

Comment

Working...
        X