Home again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home again!

6 days for me, thursday-wed. I'll spare you the details, instead redirect you all to my blog, where there are alsorts of goodies. I'll post technical details ASAP, but can tell you that it was from T4 to L3 (going below the existing fusion, which wasn't unexpected, but at same time thought that we wern't needing to do that). I'm happy, an inch taller, and glad to be home. Wish it was today coming home, yesterday I had first need of real nursing in last few days, and was home.
    Thank you all for your support, I'll post more soon. Glad to see Vndy is home too.

msandham.blogspot.com
    1994 curve at age 13, 70 degrees, untreated
    2000 Anterior fusion with instrumentation T9-L2, corrected to 36 degrees, 14 degree angle between fused and un-fused thoracic spine.
    2007 26 degrees junctional scoliosis
    Revision surgery, 6th December 2007 T4 to L3, Posterior approach.
    msandham.blogspot.com

Hooray!

It was so good to hear from you! I'm glad that it went well and that you are at home and on the "other side" of the surgery. You've been through this before, so you know how you'll just keep getting better and better. I'll try to check out your blog for some details... Isn't it great to be taller and straighter?!!! Take it easy-- and I'll be praying for a relatively quick recovery for you.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Yay! Glad to see you're home, too!
      2000 34*L/39*T
      2007 44*L/53*T

12.3.07 Posterior Spinal Fusion T4-T12
      (initially planned T4-L1)
      12.18.07 11*L/10*T

23 years old

Comment

First, I'm glad you are at home finally! That's the first important step in all this.

I just checked out your blog, and it had me laughing out loud! Walking down the street in purple pajamas -- definitely relate to that; my family didn't know what to think when their normally fashion-conscious relative took to going for walks in a red t-shirt and turquoise capris with ankle socks and a 10-year-olds shoes. It's just so hard to care about those things.

I also love where you write about losing all your "feminine mystery", which sums up this whole experience. I am just so thankful it wasn't one of the cute male nurses on duty when I had to request an enema!

I look forward to hearing all about you and vndy's recoveries, and wish you all the best.
        31 year old female
        55* (day of surgery) thoracic curve w/compensatory lumbar
        T4-T12 on Aug 15, 2007

MRI, pre-surgery
        Xray, 3 mos. post-op
        Machu Picchu, 8 mos. post-op

Comment

Welcome home!

I am glad to hear from you and know you're doing okay. It is a heck of a ride you just went on! You must take it slow and easy. I am looking forward to reading your blog and hearing the details. Hang in there! you're doing great!
          Lisa age 47
          T curve 69 degrees
          L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
          fused to from T-3 to sacrum
          anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
          pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Yay! Glad you are home. I'll be thinking of you and praying for your recovery. I also need to go check out your blog.

Best,
            Anya
            "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
            Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
            19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
            X