PDA

View Full Version : Home again!

nzgirl
12-13-2007, 01:23 AM
6 days for me, thursday-wed. I'll spare you the details, instead redirect you all to my blog, where there are alsorts of goodies. I'll post technical details ASAP, but can tell you that it was from T4 to L3 (going below the existing fusion, which wasn't unexpected, but at same time thought that we wern't needing to do that). I'm happy, an inch taller, and glad to be home. Wish it was today coming home, yesterday I had first need of real nursing in last few days, and was home.
Thank you all for your support, I'll post more soon. Glad to see Vndy is home too.

msandham.blogspot.com

Susie*Bee
12-13-2007, 06:52 AM
It was so good to hear from you! I'm glad that it went well and that you are at home and on the "other side" of the surgery. You've been through this before, so you know how you'll just keep getting better and better. I'll try to check out your blog for some details... Isn't it great to be taller and straighter?!!! Take it easy-- and I'll be praying for a relatively quick recovery for you. :)

vndy
12-13-2007, 07:36 AM
Yay! Glad to see you're home, too!

geo
12-13-2007, 12:21 PM
First, I'm glad you are at home finally! That's the first important step in all this.

I just checked out your blog, and it had me laughing out loud! Walking down the street in purple pajamas -- definitely relate to that; my family didn't know what to think when their normally fashion-conscious relative took to going for walks in a red t-shirt and turquoise capris with ankle socks and a 10-year-olds shoes. It's just so hard to care about those things.

I also love where you write about losing all your "feminine mystery", which sums up this whole experience. I am just so thankful it wasn't one of the cute male nurses on duty when I had to request an enema!

I look forward to hearing all about you and vndy's recoveries, and wish you all the best.

crepehanger
12-13-2007, 04:47 PM
I am glad to hear from you and know you're doing okay. It is a heck of a ride you just went on! You must take it slow and easy. I am looking forward to reading your blog and hearing the details. Hang in there! you're doing great!

abhbarry
12-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Yay! Glad you are home. I'll be thinking of you and praying for your recovery. I also need to go check out your blog.

Best,
Anya