Log rolling error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Log rolling error

I,m sorry....goofy me, I meant 7 WEEKS, not 7 months. It must be the effects of the drugs I just want to logroll soooo bad onto the couch and watch a movie. I am really starting to be uncomfortable on my sitting situation....HELP!!!

Deb
    A/P Surgery Oct.15 and 18, 2007
    T2 to Sacrum
    Pre-surgery 56* T 60* L
    Post-surgery 28* T 30* L
    Dr. Pashman, Cedars-Sinai Hospital
    Bevery Hills, CA

Debbie, age 51 at surgery.
    Now, 59 yrs young :-)

I completely understand your frustration and pain. I could not do that either at 7 weeks. What I did do, however, is have my laptop on the bed and I could watch movies laying on my side with pillow support. I don't know if you have a laptop, or if you could borrow one, but it really helped me get through my early surgery days.

Best of luck,
    Anya
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

I know we are all different, but I found that throughout my weeks and months of recovery, my level of comfort was always changing. Not only from the pain level but from what kind of chair, couch and/or postion.

For me it was a constant trial and error.

Just don't give up. As I healed I found that different postions gave me comfort, and sometimes that changed from week to week, day to day and month to month.

Shari

Comment

I guess that is just the way it is. Time does heal all. I have been finding all different positions from week to week also. Thanks, now I know that I'm not alone on the comfort issues.

Deb
        A/P Surgery Oct.15 and 18, 2007
        T2 to Sacrum
        Pre-surgery 56* T 60* L
        Post-surgery 28* T 30* L
        Dr. Pashman, Cedars-Sinai Hospital
        Bevery Hills, CA

Debbie, age 51 at surgery.
        Now, 59 yrs young :-)

Comment

It might be a little late for this, but we got a hospital bed delivered to our house for my recovery. We put it in our TV room, and I would just watch TV and sleep all day. It was adjustable to I got to change positions a lot.

And as long as I was in a brace, I did whatever I wanted as far as where I sat or laid down. One thing I would be careful of is sleeping on the couch. My surgeon said that was the worst place to sleep, even worse than the floor. Weird, huh?

Like that other person said, I think you can use your pain as a guide. If it hurts worse, don't do it.

Comment

So is it ok to start leaning on the couch sideways with a pillow under my ribs? I worry that I am not sitting straight but it doesn't hurt so if I am twisted a bit does it matter. Never thought to ask the surgeon this. At 6 weeks post op he told me I didn't have to maintain the 90 degree restriction anymore.
            CarolS
            68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
            Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
            Osteotomy March 20,2008
            Thrilled with results!

Comment

Hey Deb!
              I'm log rolling unto my couch - but i don't sleep on it. I'm usually wearing my brace and i don't like to sleep with it on. I agree that you should go with how you feel. Are you still in the brace? Driving yet?
              I'm not driving yet, still in the brace, bored as hell...

- jane
              -----------------
              Jane

34 yrs old
              Diagnosed at 12; Boston Brace for a year; ScoliTron for 3 months. Curves left untreated after 13 yrs old until 27yrs old.
              Pre-Op Upper Curve: 49; Post-Op: 14
              Pre-Op Lower Curve: 51; Post-Op: 18
              Posterior Reconstruction from T2-L3 on Oct 22, 2007
              Dr McNulty - UMC Hospital

Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Working...
              X