Pregnancy Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnancy Update

We had an ultrasound on Monday and out little one is doing fine. He/She was even bigger than expected by about a week. So, we're a little further along than we thought. The doctor put me on bed rest until the symptoms subside. However, while the bleeding stopped this past Saturday, my back is still extremely painful. So, I am beginning to think the two may not be completely related. I think that, if I take the doctor's advise, I may never walk again!

Thanks for asking about us Susie*Bee!

Ann
    44 year old female
    Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
    Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
    Posterior Only, 9 hours
    Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
    Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Great news Ann! Thanks for keeping us updated. I hope your back feels better soon with the rest.
    Daughter 17.5 (diagnosed @ 12 yrs) in Sept 2007 AIS
    Oct 2007: T-20, L-20 [160 cm]
    Mar 2008: T-24, L-24 [163 cm], started Cheneau brace
    May 2008: T-16, L-7 (in-brace) [164.2 cm]
    Oct 2008: T-23, L-15 (out-of-brace) [167 cm]
    Feb 2009: T-20, L-18 (in-brace) 2nd brace
    Jun 2009: T-20, L-16 (in-brace) [172.2 cm]
    Dec 2009: T-33, L-16 (out-of-brace) [173.8 cm]
    Apr 2010: T-25, L-12 (in-brace) [175.3 cm] 3rd brace
    Mar 2011: T31, L20 (out) [176.2]
    Jul 2012: T31, L20 (out) [177.2]

Comment

Congratulations on your pregnancy, Ann. How exciting! You can almost always have back surgery, but you cant' always have a baby. What a blessing.

Chris

Comment

That's wonderful news about the baby! Hopefully your back pain will subside soon, especially with the bed rest. You've sure been under a lot of stress... We'll continue to keep you in our prayers and thoughts!
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Ann - thank you for sharing the good news. What a delight! Hope the bed rest eases up the back pain.
          As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

We Delivered!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that we delivered a healthy baby girl, Lauren Elizabeth, on 6/6! Thank you to all of your kind words.

Ann
            44 year old female
            Surgery on Nov. 1, 2010
            Dr. Darrell Hanson, Methodist Hospital
            Posterior Only, 9 hours
            Presurgical: T 61 Degrees, L 58 degrees, with 15 degrees of thoracolumbar rotation
            Postsurgical: T 26, L 25

Comment

Congratulations and welcome to the world, Lauren Elizabeth!
              Geish
              47 years old, dx at 13
              +30* to the right, +60* to the left, +30* to the right
              Surgery 12-13-07 - fusion from T4 to sacrum.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=267 Pre surgery
              http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=268 Post surgery
              http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC01091.jpg Xray from the side
              http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1089-1-1-1.jpg Xray from the back

Comment

Ann-- that is wonderful news! Enjoy your new baby girl!!! Babies are such a blessing, but yes, also a lot of work too! Hope "Mom" is doing well too.
                71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Wonderful!!! There's nothing in the world more wonderous than a new baby. I'm so glad that all went well and that you now have a precious new person in your life. God bless you both!!

Comment

Congratulations on your new baby girl. Hope you and your back are feeling better as well. Lots of blessings,
                    Anya
                    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
                    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
                    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

That's fantastic, Ann! I've been wondering about you ... congrats .

Best regards,
                      Pam
                      Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                      AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                      Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                      Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                      EMAIL ME

Comment

Working...
                      X