Brace then surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brace then surgery?

i dont know about you but i have a really really fast growing curve and yet i'm tiny!
    i think its really out of order that i started off as a 25+ degree spine and in about 7 months it progressed alot(curve size in signature) i had to go through the brace and that did NOTHING!
    I am pleaseed 4 n e 1 that their brace worked and i would like to know if there is any 1 else like me
    40-50 upper curve

20-30 lower curve

surgery August 10!

I wore a brace for four to five years (varying hours, 12 to 23) and I had surgery last february. It stinks that the brace didn't work, but I blame myself. I didn't always wear the brace as much or as tight as I could have because it gave me sores. I also know that I am a slow grower, so that allowed the curve to progress as I grew rather than adapt to one big growth spurt.
    Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
    L2 to T4
    Braced for 4 years
    Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Hey DapsBounce:

I don't think you should have to blame yourself because your brace didn't work. Wearing a brace is a tremendously tough thing to do. I'm not sure I could do it (and I try to remember that when my daughter complains about hers). Think about the 12 to 16 year old girls you know: How many of them could really be any tougher than you were? My guess is -- not many.

Patricia
      Patricia
      Scoli Mum from New Zealand
      Daughter Caitlin's surgery 2nd May 2005
      Posterior fusion T3 - L1

Comment

my brace was my frend and i wore him when i should (23 hours ) but he betrayed me.
        I glad i am havingsurgery though i dont want to be tortured in the hot summers wearing a brace. But those of you who still have one keep up the good work and dont take him for granted!

love Boo

Ps i called mine jinxy
        40-50 upper curve

20-30 lower curve

surgery August 10!

Comment

Thanks for the support Phaden - I know I shouldn't blame myself, but thats just the way I am!
          Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
          L2 to T4
          Braced for 4 years
          Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Working...
          X