Something about the clear institute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something about the clear institute

I am a new comer in this forum. I am 18year-old and with scoliosis of about 18 degrees. I have read the old posts and found that there seems lots of successful cases from the clear institute, but I found something strange on the clear's website

http://www.clear-institute.com/DCtestimony.html

For the before and after x-ray shown, the change in angle is indicated by the red line drawn, they all show great improvement in the angle, however, just looking by my eyes, I can't see any difference between the before and after x-ray =.=

Any comments?

any reply?

Comment

I really don't have much comment on the xrays...who knows....you hope that its legit. I do know that my daughter and I'm sure some others on this forum have went through with this treatment. I can only tell our experience...we started the treatments in September of this year and went every week until December. My daughter progressed for the worse in this time. Therefore, we discontinued the treatments and are looking into other alternatives. HTH
      Tina

Comment

HIGHLY suspect ...

Read the press release dated July 2007 - from two chiros allegedly trained at the CLEAR Institute.

Most interesting are the statements about surgery:

"Surgery includes implanting a Harrington rod for the correction of the disease. However, after many complications, including rusting and corrosion, bending, or breaking completely, proved that this method is ineffective. Some sufferers undergo surgery again to remove the rod. Every year thousands of post-surgery patients are legally defined as permanently disabled for the rest of their lives, and follow up x-rays in some cases reveal that their scoliosis returned to pre-operative levels. "

At best, the description of current surgical techniques is outdated (by, oh, about 15 years or so ...).

At worst, it's a deliberate, manipulative falsehood designed to round up patients for quakery (ala "Copes").

Personally, either one (whether they're uninformed or liars) would make me run the other way. It's just infuriating to see "so-called professionals" prey on parents and patients (and ultimately, your insurance company) with snake oil.

I'd have a really difficult time buying into their claims (especially with the first hand stories posted in other areas of this forum).

Regards,
        Pam
        Last edited by txmarinemom; 01-04-2008, 02:45 PM.
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

The link you gave is down now so maybe they took it off the site. We did Clear for 10 months. Found them to be honest and hardworking but it's a system very much in progress - they're still figuring it out. Some dramatic sucesses, some stories not so good.

The bottom line for us was that it was way to intensive for us to continue - my daughter started doing Schroth instead and we're really happy with it - as opposed to Clear it is a practice I can imagine her doing her whole life, or if she does something else, I know she'll always have the Schroth principles to apply. Clear was kind of a world unto itself - more dependent on the practitioners and machines and not as empowering.

Comment

Working...
          X