PDA

View Full Version : Cheneau braces

skybonus
12-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi,

Is there anybody on this forum who wears the Cheneau Braces and can tell how comfortable (or not ) they are? Is the Cheneau braces can limited or correct the big curves better? Any muscles sore when you wear it?

Thank you!

scoliomom
12-10-2007, 08:08 PM
HI

i haven't been on lately- i hope you found out about the Cheneau brace. My 13 year old got fitted in June and has worn it about 22 hours a day since. She isn't sore . Actually her back hurts much less now than prior to the brace. Her xrays in brace are amazing with about 15' correction. Good luck

IowaMom
12-17-2007, 11:31 PM
My daughter has been wearing a Cheneau brace 21 hours a day for about a month. It took some getting used to, but now she finds it relatively comfortable. It is designed to keep curves (large and small) from progressing, although some people experience some improvement in their curve. It is also designed to address the rotation of the spine, which other braces don't do. Hope this info helps!

cherylplinder
12-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Where did you get your brace?

scoliomom
12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
hi
i had my daughter's brace made in Fairfax, VA by Luke Stikeleather of Orthotic Solutions. He specializes in it. HE is wonderful

~ScoliosisGirl~
02-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi,

Is there anybody on this forum who wears the Cheneau Braces and can tell how comfortable (or not ) they are? Is the Cheneau braces can limited or correct the big curves better? Any muscles sore when you wear it?

Thank you!

Hello =]]

sorry for replying so late. I havent been on for long, but yes! i do wear a Cheneau Brace and i guess it is comfortable. After all, no brace is comfortable, and we are trying to get the best of it. Umm.. about curves, unfortunately, no doctor can gaurentee a correction, but its worth a try! I really dont have any sore muscules when i am with it. Everythink is perfect. I do therapy everyday for 30 mins and it helps me alot. If I don't do it 1 day, i feel kind of sore, because i am so used to it. :p
hope it helps!

bracegirl
02-29-2008, 07:10 PM
hi! I wear a cheneau brace, and have been for about three years. I would say that if you have been in a different brace prior to the cheaneau (i was in a boston) then the transition period is difficult, and you may be sore for about a week. Other than that, I find it comfortable (as confortable as a back brace can be though... :rolleyes: ) I got mine from Luke Stykleather in Washington D.C., his website is www.orthoticsolutions.com

he is GREAT!!!!!! if you tell him you're coming in from out of town, he'll give you some info that my mom and I made about hotels near the clinic, restaurants near it, etc. he is really a wonderful guy and will go above and beyond what you'd expect.

the cheneau brace has really helped me. my curves went down 10 degrees at my last x-ray!!!!!!!!!!! but, that is rare so please don't expect a 10 degree correction, but we firmly believe that that decrease was a direct restult of this brace. had I stayed in my boston, I would definatly have had to have surgery. But, in 182 days!, ill get it off!

WNCmom
03-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Would anyone be willing to post a photo of a Cheneau brace? I can't wrap my brain around it.....

BETall
03-02-2008, 02:50 AM
You can go to www.TheL.A.Brace to check for the Chaneau brace to Gez Bowman , Orthostist.
www. koob_scolitech.com
www.Sosort.org

txmarinemom
03-02-2008, 02:55 AM
You can go to www.TheL.A.Brace to check for the Chaneau brace to Gez Bowman , Orthostist.
www. koob_scolitech.com
www.Sosort.org

As usual, your link doesn't work. Might want to check before you post.

rtremb
03-02-2008, 03:50 AM
Might be this link:

http://www.thelabrace.com/

BETall
03-08-2008, 01:43 AM
Might be this link:

http://www.thelabrace.com/
You are very kind like some of the other mothers with children with scoliosis and looking for conservative options like braces.

Snoopy
03-08-2008, 08:39 AM
As usual, your link doesn't work. Might want to check before you post.

I thought we were here to help and support one another, not to say hurtful things.

Maybe we ALL need to stop and think before we post things. That way, maybe our words won't sound so hurtful.

Mary Lou