December surgery dates???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December surgery dates???

Everyone-- I know there are a BUNCH of surgeries happening this month, and I wish there was a list somewhere showing them. Maybe there is, but I don't know where! I know vndy and nzgirl (and hers is in N.Zealand, so I think it's really a day earlier if you're here in the states) are having theirs this week, and I think Rosie1108 is having hers soon, and some others later on. What I'm wondering is if there's a way to get the December surgeries listed so we can know when to be praying and thinking of them. I know there's a calendar, but I can't get it to show anything beyond December 2006, and I've written a couple of times to the web people about it and haven't gotten a reply.

Maybe just on this post people can write when some of the surgeries are scheduled for this month--

Thanks!
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Yay for December!

Susie, this is great. And the perfect opportunity to thank all of you who have expressed so much support. I really am so grateful!

My date is December 3rd (Monday). And I've hit the calm that many have you described, and am thinking about what I need to bring with me... Think good thoughts for me!

Also, in addition to those you mentioned, I know LoriDon's son is this month (12/18 perhaps). Rosies is 12/21, Janet is 12/26. We'll recover together

Best of luck to all of you, and I'll be sending good thoughts your way, that is, as soon as I'm conscious again!
    2000 34*L/39*T
    2007 44*L/53*T

12.3.07 Posterior Spinal Fusion T4-T12
    (initially planned T4-L1)
    12.18.07 11*L/10*T

23 years old

Comment

Dec. 12

My date is December 12!!! I pray for everyone who has surgery coming soon and those in recovery. Thanks everyone for ur prays and support!!
      glenda

54T
      Posterior spinal Fusion--Dec. 12, 2007
      Fusion: T5-L3

10T and Loving it!!

Comment

Hi Susie...

You can post surgical dates to the calendar:

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/calendar.php?

Regards,
        Linda
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I tried...

Linda--thanks for sending the link, but I've tried the calendar several times. It doesn't go beyond 2006, unless I can't figure it out right. I've written twice to the "contact us" people, but never heard back. Would you try and see? I can't get anything beyond December of 2006... Maybe I just don't understand how to do it right. Thanks for your help!
          71 and plugging along... but having some problems
          2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
          5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
          Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
          CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
          10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Yikes! That's bad. I'll send a note to Joe.
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Susie,
              Great idea to post all of the December surgeries. My son Chris is having surgery on December 12 - the same day as Glenda!!

Best of luck to everybody!! You will all be in my thoughts and prayers!!

Big hugs,
              Lori

Mom to Christopher, age 17, Mark, 13, Heather, 10 and Michael, 8
              Chris had surgery with Dr. John Flynn at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on December 12, 2007. He is fused T4 to L4.
              Dr. Flynn is an AMAZING surgeon!

Comment

What a great idea! There does seem to be a lot of surgeries this month.

Mine is now December 26 (this is the 2nd time it's been rescheduled!) and I hope it won't be changed again.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words of encouragement and support. I would not have made it this far without all of you.

My son, Jason, will post to this site with updates when the time comes. Meanwhile I am trying to keep really busy so as not to think about the surgery - truthfully it is not the surgery that concerns me as much as how I will be able to manage on my own ( I am looking into visiting nurse, home health care, etc), I will come home 1 month after surgery and I am wondering if I will be able to shower and untangle my curly hair on my own at that point. Any suggestions?
                As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

good luck to all of you with surgeries this month.....!
                  I will be thinking of you all & send my prayers your way!

Lynne
                  fused T-11 to L-5
                  aug 2006

Comment

I'm having surgery on Wednesday December 5th. This will be a revision.
                    Amanda

Comment

Good luck to all of you who are having surgery in Dec. Hope things go well and I will be praying for you.

Comment

My surgery is scheduled for Dec 13. I will be back home by the18th if there are no complications.
                        Great idea Susie*Bee! Thanks for the thread. Good luck to everyone with an upcoming surgery and a big thank you to everyone giving us love and support. It's nice to know you are out there for us.
                        Geish
                        47 years old, dx at 13
                        +30* to the right, +60* to the left, +30* to the right
                        Surgery 12-13-07 - fusion from T4 to sacrum.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=267 Pre surgery
                        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=268 Post surgery
                        http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC01091.jpg Xray from the side
                        http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1089-1-1-1.jpg Xray from the back

Comment

Best wishes and prayers to you all!

Wow, there are a lot of December surgeries! I know you all are getting anxious as your dates get closer, the time seems to accelerate as it gets closer. Just remember, we all have been there where you are, and if WE can do it, you know you can do it! The beauty of this forum is being able to get the foreknowledge to know what to expect on every step and to take advantage of the helpful hints we have all picked up on. You will all be in our thoughts and prayers as you take this brave step....I am proud of you!
                          Lisa age 47
                          T curve 69 degrees
                          L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
                          fused to from T-3 to sacrum
                          anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
                          pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Happy New Backs!

Best of luck to all of you have have surgery scheduled or are the family of a person having surgery in December. I believe Vndy starts the parade tomorrow -- December 3rd. I can't think of a better way to start the new year than with a new and improved back and an opportunity to live life again straighter and with less pain! In previous years, when my family asked me what I wanted for a Christmas present, I would quickly reply, "Just a new back, please". This year, I have nothing to ask for because I received my Christmas present in June!

There was a bumper crop of us who had surgery at the beginning of the summer and who will be celebrating our six month anniversaries. We have weathered through most of our speed bumps in the road to recovery, and so will you! All of you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Happy New Year and Happy New Backs!

Linda W
                            Linda
                            Two-stage A/P fusion T6-S1 with lumbar implants June 12 & June 27, 2007 at age 57
                            S curve 75+ degrees with kyphosis
                            Now 45 degrees and standing 3 inches taller!
                            Dr. Frank Rand, New England Baptist Hospital, Boston

Comment

Good luck to all having surgery ill be thinking of you!
                              Sugery: Wednesday, June 27, 2007
                              Fused: T3-L4
                              Hospital: St. Louis Childrens Hospital

Comment

Working...
                              X