PDA

View Full Version : December surgery dates???

Susie*Bee
12-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Everyone-- I know there are a BUNCH of surgeries happening this month, and I wish there was a list somewhere showing them. Maybe there is, but I don't know where! I know vndy and nzgirl (and hers is in N.Zealand, so I think it's really a day earlier if you're here in the states) are having theirs this week, and I think Rosie1108 is having hers soon, and some others later on. What I'm wondering is if there's a way to get the December surgeries listed so we can know when to be praying and thinking of them. I know there's a calendar, but I can't get it to show anything beyond December 2006, and I've written a couple of times to the web people about it and haven't gotten a reply.

Maybe just on this post people can write when some of the surgeries are scheduled for this month--

Thanks!

vndy
12-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Susie, this is great. And the perfect opportunity to thank all of you who have expressed so much support. I really am so grateful!

My date is December 3rd (Monday). And I've hit the calm that many have you described, and am thinking about what I need to bring with me... Think good thoughts for me!

Also, in addition to those you mentioned, I know LoriDon's son is this month (12/18 perhaps). Rosies is 12/21, Janet is 12/26. We'll recover together :)

Best of luck to all of you, and I'll be sending good thoughts your way, that is, as soon as I'm conscious again!

glenda87
12-01-2007, 12:59 PM
My date is December 12!!! I pray for everyone who has surgery coming soon and those in recovery. Thanks everyone for ur prays and support!!

LindaRacine
12-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi Susie...

You can post surgical dates to the calendar:

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/calendar.php?

Regards,
Linda

Susie*Bee
12-01-2007, 04:10 PM
Linda--thanks for sending the link, but I've tried the calendar several times. It doesn't go beyond 2006, unless I can't figure it out right. I've written twice to the "contact us" people, but never heard back. Would you try and see? I can't get anything beyond December of 2006... Maybe I just don't understand how to do it right. Thanks for your help!

LindaRacine
12-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Yikes! That's bad. I'll send a note to Joe.

LorDon
12-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Susie,
Great idea to post all of the December surgeries. My son Chris is having surgery on December 12 - the same day as Glenda!!

Best of luck to everybody!! You will all be in my thoughts and prayers!!

Big hugs,

Janet
12-01-2007, 06:47 PM
What a great idea! There does seem to be a lot of surgeries this month.

Mine is now December 26 (this is the 2nd time it's been rescheduled!) and I hope it won't be changed again.

Thank you all for your prayers and kind words of encouragement and support. I would not have made it this far without all of you.

My son, Jason, will post to this site with updates when the time comes. Meanwhile I am trying to keep really busy so as not to think about the surgery - truthfully it is not the surgery that concerns me as much as how I will be able to manage on my own ( I am looking into visiting nurse, home health care, etc), I will come home 1 month after surgery and I am wondering if I will be able to shower and untangle my curly hair on my own at that point. Any suggestions?

lelc2002@yahoo
12-01-2007, 09:23 PM
good luck to all of you with surgeries this month.....!
I will be thinking of you :) :) :) all & send my prayers your way!

Lynne
fused T-11 to L-5
aug 2006

CurvySAT05
12-02-2007, 02:22 AM
I'm having surgery on Wednesday December 5th. This will be a revision.
Amanda

kdawn
12-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Good luck to all of you who are having surgery in Dec. Hope things go well and I will be praying for you.

Geish
12-02-2007, 11:04 AM
My surgery is scheduled for Dec 13. I will be back home by the18th if there are no complications.
Great idea Susie*Bee! Thanks for the thread. Good luck to everyone with an upcoming surgery and a big thank you to everyone giving us love and support. It's nice to know you are out there for us. :o

crepehanger
12-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Wow, there are a lot of December surgeries! I know you all are getting anxious as your dates get closer, the time seems to accelerate as it gets closer. Just remember, we all have been there where you are, and if WE can do it, you know you can do it! The beauty of this forum is being able to get the foreknowledge to know what to expect on every step and to take advantage of the helpful hints we have all picked up on. You will all be in our thoughts and prayers as you take this brave step....I am proud of you!

Linda W
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM
Best of luck to all of you have have surgery scheduled or are the family of a person having surgery in December. I believe Vndy starts the parade tomorrow -- December 3rd. I can't think of a better way to start the new year than with a new and improved back and an opportunity to live life again straighter and with less pain! In previous years, when my family asked me what I wanted for a Christmas present, I would quickly reply, "Just a new back, please". This year, I have nothing to ask for because I received my Christmas present in June!

There was a bumper crop of us who had surgery at the beginning of the summer and who will be celebrating our six month anniversaries. We have weathered through most of our speed bumps in the road to recovery, and so will you! All of you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Happy New Year and Happy New Backs!

Linda W

Scoli62707
12-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Good luck to all having surgery ill be thinking of you!

nzgirl
12-03-2007, 02:56 AM
Hey guys, thanks for starting this forum, it's good to know that we're not alone. I guess we won't really be in touch though while we're going through it, but you'll all be in my thoughts. You're right about NZ being a day ahead, right now it's the evening on monday the 3rd, and I'm thinking that Vndy will be about now getting up for her surgery this morning in USA time. I'm on Thursday here, but that will be Wed to you lot.
It's pretty popular here to have surgeries at the end of the year, because everyones school ends for a few months over our summer, and most people take their main holiday in late december and early january. We don't take a holiday in the middle of the year unless it's a short winter skiing trip or tropical holiday to escape winter.
Best wishes to Vndy, who's first up on the december list. I'll be sending you my best wishes.

Susie*Bee
12-04-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm glad we heard from so many of you! Vyndy's surgery is over with, and both curvy (Amanda) and nzgirl are tomorrow. It will be good to hear from them when they are up to using the computer again, and hear all about their hospital stays, etc. For all having surgery this month-- may your surgeries be successful and your recoveries short! (relatively speaking, of course...)

Thanks, everyone, for the input. And hopefully they'll get the calendar updated so we can use it in the future to post things like the surgeries on it. ;)

rosie1108
12-04-2007, 09:52 AM
I heard from a relative of vndy yesterday saying that her surgery took less time than expected, and she is doing fine in recovery!

Thank you for all the support and well wishes, I know all of us december surgery folks need it!

I have 12 exams at school in the next 9 days :confused: before I head home to seattle to be with my husband, family and surgeon who I'm sure will all take excellent care of me in the coming months!

Rosie :p

Susie*Bee
12-04-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm so glad to hear all went well with vndy-- that's great news! :) Good luck with your studying and exams. That's a lot of exams!!! :eek: It sounds like you will have wonderful care post-op-- and that you have a surgeon you feel good about. I hope you get at least a few days to just enjoy yourself before the big day. Take care!

LorDon
12-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Rosie,
I am so glad that you posted about vndy. I was thinking about her all day yesterday and I am so happy to hear that things went well for her. I don't normally post under the adult surgery thread because my son is only 17, but you ladies are incredibly inspiring! Best of luck to all of you - I will be thinking about you and will keep you all in my prayers. Rosie, I'll say a few extra prayers for you with all those exams coming up! Yikes!!

Take care ladies,

JanL
12-06-2007, 05:48 AM
Having surgeries on Dec 11th and 13th - Dr Bridwell - St Louis. Sort of calm! Appreciate thoughts, prayers, good vibes, etc. My husband, a good friend, and brother will rotate as caregivers while in St louis. Will spend Christmas in hotel in St Louis with my brother awaiting my doc's "OK" to start back home to Asheville. Will report my experiences as soon as able.

CHRIS WBS
12-06-2007, 08:35 AM
Jan,

I will definitely be thinking and praying for you next week (as well as others here) who have surgeries coming up this month. Your surgeon is one of the best, so rest assured you're in good hands. I can't say I envy you spending Christmas in a St. Louis hotel though.

All the best,

Chris

Susie*Bee
12-11-2007, 07:31 AM
I was looking at my list and thought I'd add to this post who all (a bunch!) is having surgery this week... (And I hope I didn't miss someone!)

JanL - today (11th) and 13th
Chris (LoriDon's son) - 12th
Glenda - 12th
Geish - 13th

Prayers and well wishes to all of you/them. May your surgeries be successful, your recoveries good, and may you be much straighter, taller, and stronger for having gone through this. Sending hugs, encouragement, and support to you!