Surgery date rescheduled - again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery date rescheduled - again!

Just got a call from Dr. B's nurse: the anesthesiologist decided that the hospital staffing on December 24 would be inadequate for such a big surgery as mine, so, with Dr. B's concurrence, rescheduled my surgery to 12/26.

Whoppee - now I get to spend another 5 hours changing my hotel & plane reservations again. Bright side: this gives me a couple more days to get my house together!
    As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Hi Janet---I was amazed that they even did surgeries on Christmas Eve for that reason. I would think many are off. Glad though, that you are only 2 days after, plus you want to have the best there with you-right?!.....Lynne

Comment

OMG Janet, you're having quite the pre-op ride, aren't you!
      Actually I'm a bit relieved at your new date. I was a little worried about you being one day post-op on Christmas Day.....imagining that they wouldn't have a full nursing staff. I think it's way better this way.
      Chris
      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Hey, Janet-

I agree with Lynne and Chris- i could not believe they would schedule surgery on that date either- You will have a much fuller staff, I feel like it is a good sign for you... best wishes...
        Lisa age 47
        T curve 69 degrees
        L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
        fused to from T-3 to sacrum
        anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
        pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Working...
        X