PDA

View Full Version : Surgery date rescheduled - again!

Janet
11-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Just got a call from Dr. B's nurse: the anesthesiologist decided that the hospital staffing on December 24 would be inadequate for such a big surgery as mine, so, with Dr. B's concurrence, rescheduled my surgery to 12/26.

Whoppee - now I get to spend another 5 hours changing my hotel & plane reservations again. Bright side: this gives me a couple more days to get my house together!

lelc2002@yahoo
11-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi Janet---I was amazed that they even did surgeries on Christmas Eve for that reason. I would think many are off. Glad though, that you are only 2 days after, plus you want to have the best there with you-right?!.....Lynne :)

Singer
11-30-2007, 05:50 PM
OMG Janet, you're having quite the pre-op ride, aren't you!
Actually I'm a bit relieved at your new date. I was a little worried about you being one day post-op on Christmas Day.....imagining that they wouldn't have a full nursing staff. I think it's way better this way.

crepehanger
12-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Hey, Janet-

I agree with Lynne and Chris- i could not believe they would schedule surgery on that date either- You will have a much fuller staff, I feel like it is a good sign for you... best wishes...