Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Removal (SURGERY AGAIN!)

Hey everyone.
    About 6 months ago I started to notice that when I sat down, there was a lump in the center of my back and it would rub against the back of the chairs. Well it kept progressing and I asked one of the docs I work for and she said it felt mechanical (the rods). I called Shriners, who did my surgery 3 years ago, and they couldn't get me in for over 2 months. Well, my appointment was finally yesterday and the lump in my back is a screw that created a bursa next to the skin and is resting on the tissues next to the skin. I also have a broken wire, so with all these problems, the surgeon decided that the rods, screws, and wires need to come out.
    I'm scheduled for surgery on February 3rd, 2008.
    Can someone help me with this? Is it going to be like the first one?
    Thanks.
    Matt

Rod Removal Surgery 2/4/2008
    www.myspace.com/ross40728
    Had surgery on 9/20/04
    81* Scheuermann's Disease
    40* Left Thoracic Scoliosis
    U Rod Inserted
    Fused from T2-L3

hey wen i was gettin my surgery a girl across from me was gettin hers out after 3 and a half years anyhow
    it wasnt half as bad she said because its takin d pressure out.
    u r tiered and all after d surgery but will b back on ur feet way quicker and easier dan d last time!!
    its not as bad as gettin dem in belive me i was so jealous of her and my surgen was tellin me its ok wen it happens because im likely to get an infection!!
    best of luck
    x
    16 year old getting ready for more surgery

Comment

Working...
    X