Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did your boston brace work on your curves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did your boston brace work on your curves?

I have been in my boston brace for about 2 months now, and I was wondering how long you or someone you know had to be in their brace? Also how many hours a day you wore the brace?
    Hi, I am Eliza. I wear a boston brace. I have wore it for 2 months almost 3. I have 2 curves in my spine. One is 25*T, the other one is 20*S. My boston brace has kept them about the same degree since I have been wearing it. My hobbies include: volleyball, my dog (his name is Amos), swimming (for fun).

I have been in my boston brace for 3 months. It is holding my curve for now, and I get good in brace correction 38 degrees to 14 deg in brace.........But I don't like wearing it. I am going to have vertebral stapling done soon so I don;t have to wear the brace anymore!
    Cara, Mom to Nathan
    Diagnosed 24 deg. in July 2007, progressed to 38 deg. by August 2007
    Boston Back Brace 8/07 – 12/07
    VBS 12/10/07 Boston Children's Hospital
    Dr. Hresko
    40 Degrees before VBS
    11 Degrees now!! (2012)

Nathan's VBS Video

www.vertebralstapling.com

Comment

I wore a brace 23/7 for 4 years. when I was diagnosed I was 20/20, when I started wearing the brace I was 30/35, when I stopped wearing the brace I was 35/35. so it did a good job of not making me increase. now though I'm 45/45 haha so yeah.
      ~Leelee ♪
      [-] 17 years old
      _[-] 12th grade
      [-] scoliosis, 45T and 42 L
      _[-] kyphosis, 67*
      [-] Boston brace for 4 years
      _[-] Stopped 6/8/05 at 4:32 PM

Comment

Oh did you have to get fused or get surgery?
        Hi, I am Eliza. I wear a boston brace. I have wore it for 2 months almost 3. I have 2 curves in my spine. One is 25*T, the other one is 20*S. My boston brace has kept them about the same degree since I have been wearing it. My hobbies include: volleyball, my dog (his name is Amos), swimming (for fun).

Comment

nate03,

What is verebral stapling?

Comment

I know someone who wore her brace for 2 years (I don't know how many hours a day she wore it) but ended up having surgery. I haven't gotten my brace yet (I should get it in about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks) but I might have to wear it for 2 1/2 to 3 years, 20/7.

Comment

smoothie305,

They said that would be how long (estimating) that I would have to wear my brace also. Hope everything goes good with your brace! Everyone wish me luck, I have a appointment in 1 more day! I am very nervous...

Comment

Hey, I've had my TLSO brace for about 8 months, I think. I still have to wear it for about 20 hours a day, but Dr. Boachie is going to start cutting down my hours in Feb. (yay!)
                It seems to be working great on my curves from my last appt, so I'm excited.
                Good luck!
                braceyourself.

Comment

Eliza,

I was in the Boston Brace for 2 years, 23/7 and it worked wonderfully for me. I was able to stop the progression of my s-curve and eliminate the need for surgery (knock on wood, of course). Stay strong and keep sticking it out! good luck!

<3 Francesca
                  Francesca
                  19 years old College Soph
                  Diagnosed: 6th grade (can't remember curve degrees)
                  Boston Brace 2000-2002, 23/7...
                  Curves reside at 35T and 33L
                  Aug 2002: Osteoid Osteoma (tumor) removed from L3
                  Jan 26.. diagnosed with slow progressing DDD and sacroiliitis.. get fitted for my new SI Belt on the 31st

Comment

Hi Eliza,
                    I wore my Bosten Brace for two years. When I got it I was already at 45 degrees. I wore it 18 hours a day. My curves decreased while I wore it. I was out of the brace about 2.5 years ago. My curves climbed into the upper fifties (I sound like a weather man ) after I stopped wearing it so I did end up having to have the fusion. But, be encouraged! You were able to catch your curve while it was relatively small. I think that makes a lot of difference. Stay with the plan!
                    17 years old
                    Surgery May 22nd 2007
                    John 3:16

Comment

Ive had the boston brace for 3 months and i HATE it!
                      I cant wait to get it off, but thats in another 2 years!

I have a 38 degree curve out of the brace and a 22 degree one in the brace, i guess its working, but im worried i will need surgery after x x

Comment

I was supposed to need to wear mine for like, 3 years, and it seems that because I have worn it like I'm supposed to, I'll be getting it off within a year! I've had it for 8 months!! :] Wear it like you should, and maybe this will happen to you too! It's only for the best.
                        braceyourself.

Comment

Scoli babii x - That stinks that you really don't like your brace. But try to keep a positive attitude, I mean, if you wear your brace now, theres a good chance that you won't have to go through surgery. When you think about it, wearing a brace isn't all that bad.
                          - Smoothie305

Comment

Eliza,
                            I had the boston brace for 6 months, and I wore it at night. Didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                            X