Post-op shaving legs solution ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-op shaving legs solution ??

I recall prior posts discussing the problem of not being able to bend over to shave legs. I just received a Bed Bath & Beyond catalog, and there may be a solution:

"The MANGROOMER™ Electric Back Hair Shaver. MANGROOMER™ is the essential do-it-yourself electric back hair shaver for men. The unique design enables a man to remove unwanted back hair by himself in the privacy of his own home or while traveling. It's quick, easy and painless. The fully extendable and adjustable handle locks into place at various lengths to reach the most difficult portions of the middle and lower back. Its sleek, lightweight, compact design folds completely flat and opens to 135 degrees for instant use. The large 1 1/2" cutting edge blade enables extremely close and smooth results without the potential of ingrown hairs. Measures 9 1/4" L x 2" W x 1 1/2" H. Uses two AA batteries, not included."

I'm not buying one 'cause my hair is light and as long as I don't wear a dress, I don't care.
    As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

I don't know why but the "Mangroomer" struck me as wildly funny. Thanks for the laugh!! it's actually a good idea, though. I have my own Mangroomer -- good ol' Hubby!!!!
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

I must say, I also broke out laughing while reading of the man groomer. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!
      2000 34*L/39*T
      2007 44*L/53*T

12.3.07 Posterior Spinal Fusion T4-T12
      (initially planned T4-L1)
      12.18.07 11*L/10*T

23 years old

Comment

BWWWAAAAAAAHAHAHA!

I don't know how I missed the story of the "MANGROOMER", but now I can't stop laughing!!

I just have this visual now of some poor, dateless guy reading that Bed, Bath and Beyond ad ... thrilled at the posssibilities. He stops on the way home from work - to, um, buy one "for a friend".

He virtually RUNS in the house with the new found treasure ... eagerly unwrapping the device that will change his gloomy existence.

He turns off the phone, locks all the doors, draws the blinds with occasional furtive peeks outside ... and begins to groom away that pesky "pelt" in the "privacy of his own home" ...

Too bad men are too sissy to wax, I say! LOL!

Regards,
        Pam
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

Janet,

I love the idea of the "Mangroomer"! My "Mangroomer" is my husband who has been very good natured and very willing to help me shave my legs since I have been home. But most of the time, I want to shave my legs on my own schedule and not have to wait for him. My Italian heritage probably accounts for a history of shaving my legs daily. As others have suggested, taping a razor to a 12 inch ruler works quite nicely. I use black electrical tape which holds up in the shower and still gives enough flexibility for the razor to follow the contours of your leg. I still have difficulty reaching around to get the sides really well, but I can live with that. A long handled brush or sponge helps with soaping up. Using cream rinse in place of soap also softens the hair and make the razor glide even more easily. Fortunately, I haven't nicked myself yet! Trimming my toe nails is definitely a task for my personal "Mangroomer"!

Linda
          Linda
          Two-stage A/P fusion T6-S1 with lumbar implants June 12 & June 27, 2007 at age 57
          S curve 75+ degrees with kyphosis
          Now 45 degrees and standing 3 inches taller!
          Dr. Frank Rand, New England Baptist Hospital, Boston

Comment

Working...
          X