Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how long did u have to be in ur boston brace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long did u have to be in ur boston brace?

how long did you have to be in your boston brace?
    Hi, I am Eliza. I wear a boston brace. I have wore it for 2 months almost 3. I have 2 curves in my spine. One is 25*T, the other one is 20*S. My boston brace has kept them about the same degree since I have been wearing it. My hobbies include: volleyball, my dog (his name is Amos), swimming (for fun).

Hi Eliza- My docter told me that I would have to be in a brace until I stopped growing, which for me would be like 3 years. So it depends on when you stop growing. Good luck!

Comment

they told me that 2, but i wish it would be sooner. my next appointment is in a week. i have been wearing it since skool started. i hope it has decreased by a lot. thanks for the good luck!
      Hi, I am Eliza. I wear a boston brace. I have wore it for 2 months almost 3. I have 2 curves in my spine. One is 25*T, the other one is 20*S. My boston brace has kept them about the same degree since I have been wearing it. My hobbies include: volleyball, my dog (his name is Amos), swimming (for fun).

Comment

I wore a brace for about 4 years. I quit wearing it when I stopped growing.
        I know it seems like forever, but if it's helping your cruve then it's soooooo worth it. Unfortunately my brace couldn't control my curve, and I ended up having surgery.
        Good luck with your appointment, I hope everything goes well!!
        If you have any questions about the brace or anything feel free to ask, I'd love to help

Comment

thats wat they told me, that if i doesnt help than i get a metal rod in my back. I hope not. thats the only thing they could do if it doesnt correct my 2 curves. i hope it does tho. thanks also! was the surgury you had really bad?

Comment

I had to wear it from april 15 2005 to like may 2006
            Last edited by kennedy; 01-18-2011, 12:43 AM.
            Kara
            Brace 4-15-05-5-25-06
            Posterior Spinal Fusion 3-10-10
            T4-L2
            Before 50T
            After 20T

Comment

i have to wear my brace a year after the period
              Jodi Lynn
              Milwaukee Brace from age 11-13
              Surgery June 30th (age 14)
              Now 16 and as happy as ever
              *Brace Yourself*

Comment

Well, I got my brace last September, and I will be taking it off in 2 years, or a year and a half. So put together is like 3 years.
                My Scoliosis
                My curves are 15 and 21.
                I wear a Boston Brace
                Don't think I am getting surgery
                http://scoliosisadmin.proboards79.com/index.cgi

Comment

Scoliosisat12, this is kinda emmbaresin that I havent started my period. I hope it comes soon though.

Comment

Sorry it took me a while to reply
                    The surgery was hard, but, it was definitely worth it. At first I was so upset when I found out I had to have it done, but, now I'm very glad that I did.
                    How long have you been in your brace?

Comment

ShanaT,

What kind of surgery did you have?

Comment

I had a spinal fusion

Comment

That sounds painful, is it? I am going to the doctors tomorrow! I am very nervous...

Comment

I wont lie, it was difficult, but as I said before it was totally worth it.
                            I hope everything goes good at the doctor tomorrow!
                            Let me know how it goes!

What is the degree of your curve right now?

Comment

Hi Eliza,
                              I had to wear my brace for 18 hours a day for two years. I went through three braces . How long have you been wearing your brace? Have a good doctor visit!
                              17 years old
                              Surgery May 22nd 2007
                              John 3:16

Comment

Working...
                              X