Scoli and Hydrocephalus ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoli and Hydrocephalus ...

I just recently ran across a Chiari/scoli post.

No, I don't have ACM. I "simply" have unexplained communicating hydrocephalus (with an original 28 year old non-revised VP shunt - manifesting at age 10).

The two (hydro and scoli) have been partners before (i.e., neural tube defects and X-linked).

I'm very curious about the connection here - under any circumstance ...

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

My sister-in-law has a friend who's child was born with hydroenchephalus (sp?) and had surgery to correct scoliosis. She is a teen now. I don't know anything about when she had surgery or if there was is definite connection. Just thought I pass along in case it was of interest to you.

Renee

Comment

Hydrocephalus is most commonly linked with spina bifida and spina bifida with scoliosis. It could be spina bifida occulta (very mild case) and that may be the link?

Its just an idea, I may well be wrong.
      Double 63(T)/75(L) deg curve with big sideways shift - Surgery in UK on 8th February 2006.
      Post op 30(T)/33(L)
      http://warpedwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

My daughter has spina bifida occulta, scoliosis and kyphosis. Had surgery to correct scoliosis and kyphosis. No other health problems.

Mary Lou
        Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Working...
        X