Before and After Pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and After Pics!

Honestly, isn't this everyone's favorite part? Dramatic before and after photos. As my signature says, Dr. Von Rueden got my curvature down to an amazing 8*. He said after the surgery that my bones were like oak, so he just kept cranking. As you can see in the after photos, I still lean to the right and hike up that shoulder a bit out of habit. VR says PT will help me kick that. You can also see what looks like a little bit of the kyphosis left. I'll take it. Looking at these before pictures again blew my mind. It's strange. I both feel like I can't believe that I was that deformed, but at the same time, I still see that as my body, and that this straight, long waisted great looking body on me now is someone else's. I guess we get so used to the crosses we bear, it's hard to put them down.

Best wishes to all,
    Holly
    Age 33
    40 degree diagnosed 1993; 70ish degree 2007
    Fusion to T9 to L5 October 3, 2007 with Dr. Kurt Von Rueden
    Corrected to 8 degrees

Holly,

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. The results you were able to get are amazing!!! Your back looks absolutely beautiful I bet you are thrilled with how wonderful things turned out.
    Surgery completed July, 2007
    Fused from T4-T12
    23years old

Comment

Wow!

Holly,

You look wonderful! Congratulations.. makes me look forward to what I've been dreading!

Talia
      2000 34*L/39*T
      2007 44*L/53*T

12.3.07 Posterior Spinal Fusion T4-T12
      (initially planned T4-L1)
      12.18.07 11*L/10*T

23 years old

Comment

Holly - Your back looks amazing! Congratualtions on having achieved such a great correction. Thank you for posting the pix - I need all the positive reinforcement I can get in the weeks leading up to my big day.
        Janet
        As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Your back looks fantastic!!
          Chris
          A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
          Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
          Post-op curve: 12 degrees
          Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Holly,

Thanks for sharing your pictures. They are truly amazing.

Kerri

A/P T8 to sacrum November 27, 2007 with Dr. Boachie, HSS.

Comment

That is AWESOME! Congratulations. Keep up the good work in recovery.

Best,
              Anya
              "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
              Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
              19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Now, that's what I'm talkin' about!!

That is unbelievable!!! A picture does indeed save 1000 words. Makes it worth all the crap we had to go through to get there, huh? Your back is truly beautiful. That makes my day! Thanks for posting those. Lisa
                Lisa age 47
                T curve 69 degrees
                L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
                fused to from T-3 to sacrum
                anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
                pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

what I'm looking forward to

Thanks for sharing and giving us pre-op ladies something to look forward to!
                  2001 T-sp 58* L-sp 55*
                  2007 T-sp 64* L-sp 67*
                  Surgery Dec. 21 2007
                  Posterior fusion T3 to L3

Comment

This is my very first post. What amazing pictures. Your back looks wonderful. I can't tell you how much hope they give me. I am having surgery on December 13th to correct two +30* curves to the right, as well as a +60* curve to the left, with fusion from T4 to at least L4 but maybe all the way to S1. Now I really can't wait for the big day! Thank you so much for sharing. Good luck with your recovery.
                    Geish
                    47 years old, dx at 13
                    +30* to the right, +60* to the left, +30* to the right
                    Surgery 12-13-07 - fusion from T4 to sacrum.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=267 Pre surgery
                    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...tachmentid=268 Post surgery
                    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/DSC01091.jpg Xray from the side
                    http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1089-1-1-1.jpg Xray from the back

Comment

AWESOME transformation!!!! Congratulations

Comment

Wow!

Truly amazing results, Holly! You should be smiling from ear to ear! Clearly, you were blessed to have also found a skillful surgeon. Congratulations.
                        Linda
                        Linda
                        Two-stage A/P fusion T6-S1 with lumbar implants June 12 & June 27, 2007 at age 57
                        S curve 75+ degrees with kyphosis
                        Now 45 degrees and standing 3 inches taller!
                        Dr. Frank Rand, New England Baptist Hospital, Boston

Comment

What a beautiful back! You must be thrilled.One of the reasons that makes this surgery worthwhile.
                          CSC
                          Idiopathic Scoliosis; Wore a Milwaukee brace; Told by physician it would not progress
                          S curve; Surgery date: January 29, 2008!!

Comment

BEAUTIFUL!!!
                            B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!
                            MarieMarieMarie

Comment

Thanks for posting your pics, Holly. Your new back looks terrific!

That was quite a rib hump you had in your before picture. Just think how much worse it would have gotten over the years if you decided to go untreated.

Congratulations and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X