PDA

View Full Version : Before and After Pics!

shegiles
11-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Honestly, isn't this everyone's favorite part? Dramatic before and after photos. As my signature says, Dr. Von Rueden got my curvature down to an amazing 8*. He said after the surgery that my bones were like oak, so he just kept cranking. As you can see in the after photos, I still lean to the right and hike up that shoulder a bit out of habit. VR says PT will help me kick that. You can also see what looks like a little bit of the kyphosis left. I'll take it. Looking at these before pictures again blew my mind. It's strange. I both feel like I can't believe that I was that deformed, but at the same time, I still see that as my body, and that this straight, long waisted great looking body on me now is someone else's. I guess we get so used to the crosses we bear, it's hard to put them down.

Best wishes to all,
Holly

Christine84
11-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Holly,

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. The results you were able to get are amazing!!! Your back looks absolutely beautiful:) I bet you are thrilled with how wonderful things turned out.

vndy
11-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Holly,

You look wonderful! Congratulations.. makes me look forward to what I've been dreading!

Talia

Janet
11-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Holly - Your back looks amazing! Congratualtions on having achieved such a great correction. Thank you for posting the pix - I need all the positive reinforcement I can get in the weeks leading up to my big day.
Janet

Singer
11-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Your back looks fantastic!!

kerrik
11-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Holly,

Thanks for sharing your pictures. They are truly amazing.

Kerri

A/P T8 to sacrum November 27, 2007 with Dr. Boachie, HSS.

abhbarry
11-11-2007, 10:15 AM
That is AWESOME! Congratulations. Keep up the good work in recovery.

Best,
Anya

crepehanger
11-11-2007, 10:55 AM
That is unbelievable!!! A picture does indeed save 1000 words. Makes it worth all the crap we had to go through to get there, huh? Your back is truly beautiful. That makes my day! Thanks for posting those. Lisa

rosie1108
11-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks for sharing and giving us pre-op ladies something to look forward to!

Geish
11-11-2007, 12:20 PM
This is my very first post. What amazing pictures. Your back looks wonderful. I can't tell you how much hope they give me. I am having surgery on December 13th to correct two +30* curves to the right, as well as a +60* curve to the left, with fusion from T4 to at least L4 but maybe all the way to S1. Now I really can't wait for the big day! Thank you so much for sharing. Good luck with your recovery. :)

JoAnn5
11-11-2007, 03:04 PM
AWESOME transformation!!!! Congratulations :)

Linda W
11-11-2007, 08:01 PM
Truly amazing results, Holly! You should be smiling from ear to ear! Clearly, you were blessed to have also found a skillful surgeon. Congratulations.
Linda

csc
11-12-2007, 06:54 AM
What a beautiful back! You must be thrilled.One of the reasons that makes this surgery worthwhile.

myree
11-12-2007, 09:44 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!!
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!
:p

CHRIS WBS
11-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks for posting your pics, Holly. Your new back looks terrific!:)

That was quite a rib hump you had in your before picture. Just think how much worse it would have gotten over the years if you decided to go untreated.

Congratulations and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Chris

LorDon
11-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Holly,
Your back looks absolutely FABULOUS!! Congratulations on such an awesome correction!

kardoid
12-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Wow Congrats, like all the others on this forum that does give good hope. I wanted to ask is it still to early to tell how much ur going to be able to bend? have you tried and if so how much and u bend down?

DebbieM
12-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh my goodness, That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL !!! What a huge difference that is. I am sooooo excited for you. :D :cool: :p ;)

metillan
12-01-2007, 02:13 PM
nice !!!
congratulation... :cool:
did your height increase ?

kardoid
12-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi agian :P i also read that you said that the dr. said ur bones were like oak or something and he kept crankin.. before the surgery did he tell you that ur back was pretty rigid and it was prob. hard to get a correction?

Houston Curves
12-02-2007, 09:01 AM
Well...I am apparently going through a "threatened miscarriage." It started Friday. I thought I threw my back out (though I can't remember doing anything particularly stressful on my back) as I started having excruciating pain in my lumbar spine...from L3 to S1...almost feels like pinched nerves. I have to walk with my pelvis tucked in and very slowly, bracing one hand against the wall and one holding either my back or my tummy. I can barely function, which is the typical type of pain with my back - either a pinched nerve that causes muscle spasms to "stiffen" the area when I attemt to protect it or just large muscle group spasms that feel more like being hit with a baseball bat. This one feels more like a knife...then my muscles involuntaily tighten around it to try to prevent movement, which usually means I hit the floor or the bed or couch...what ever is closest to me. And, I can barely lift my ice pack, let alone our girls.

Well, then I noticed brown spotting on Saturday morning, and then bright red blood by Saturday night. I am off my feet...on self and hubby exiled bed rest until my next ultrasound on Monday morning. We are 11 weeks along and this is scarey. I know that, if we miscarry at this point, there will be a tiny baby passed, and I don't think I can handle that. I am already completely emotionally invested in this pregnancy as we are so close to the 2nd trimester.

I am still in excruciating back pain, but the good news is that I've bad no bleeding or spotting since last night. So, I am praying that everything is okay. Please pray for us too. Thanks.

Janet
12-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Houston Curves - I am so sorry that you are going through such agony. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Susie*Bee
12-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Dear Houston Curves-- I too am so sorry that you are going through this. I'll sure be praying for you and your family!

sccrm08
12-02-2007, 05:27 PM
I will also be praying for you and hoping for the best.

RiRi
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Holly you look GREAT!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Maria

Houston Curves
12-04-2007, 12:42 PM
I am so sorry to post that info to this thread! I obviously meant to post it elsewhere. My apologies everyone. Thanks.

Ann

Susie*Bee
12-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Houston Curves-- don't worry about posting in a spot you didn't intend to. Nobody noticed except you. I'm sure Holly didn't mind. The big question is--how are you doing? Or maybe I've jumped the gun and didn't check to see if there was another post started.