PDA

View Full Version : So Disappointed

CStadler
11-09-2007, 10:48 AM
Went in for my 6 week post op check and the first thing I wanted to ask about was what we can do about me feeling like my right leg is shorter than the left. I didn't have to convince him as in the Xrays I had done yesterday it is very obvious.
He said for now since I had a hard time in surgery and post op we will just get a shoe lift but will probably have to go back in at 8-9 months and take a wedge out and replace the rods.
I was very upset. That would mean I would be off work for nearly 2 years. I was thinking it might be better to go in as soon as I feel strong enough and get it over with. I have to go back to see him at the end of Dec.
Was just wondering what other people thought.
Thanks

Susie*Bee
11-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Dear Carol-- I am heartsick for you. That would be such discouraging news. But with your positive attitude (get it done with!) I am sure you will be able to handle this setback. If you go to my latest thread--I think it's "Going back to work???-- or something like that, the most recent post was from a scoli sis who has had that done twice now and was able to return to work fairly quickly. Of course, I'm thinking maybe she's a Superwoman! (Or is it that I'm a wimp???) :confused: You might check with her. Best wishes!

Janet
11-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Carol - I cannot offer you any advice, but I do feel so sad for you. I am so sorry that you are facing this new challenge. My suggestion is to give yourself ample time to process the information you received yesterday, before deciding what to do.

Wishing you the best.

Hugs, Janet

mouna
11-09-2007, 03:18 PM
This is so hard. You've seen yr doc so he knows best. Just to say that I had the IMPRESSION of one leg shorter, and I definitely did have a shoulder imbalance, and a hip a little bit off in the early period. It's all working itself out in recovery. My doc was not so concerned in the early days (and for you it's still very early days). I'm now at 8-9 mths post op and those issues are not issues anymore. I hope it works out the same for you....