I was wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering

I read if a part of your spine is fused it can't curve anymore, but if a spine in fused and unrotated can it rotate again and cause a hip hump to come back?

Sue

Rotation changing??

Sue,
    I wondered the same thing. I have a herrington rod and I am fused at T4 to L4. I know that the curve is still the same as it was in 1979 (when I got the rod). I still have a 82* and 35* curve. I recently saw Dr. Boachie and was already to have him remove the rod and get additional correction and fix the rib hump but I have a breathing problem. He told me that there is a 5% chance that I could end up on a respirator or need to have oxygen the rest of my life. Now I am not sure what to do. If the rotation is getting worst I think I should take the risk but if the rotation is not changing I am thinking I should do nothing. I know how I am but do not know what might happen in surgery.

Comment

Hi Sue...

If the fusion is solid, the spine cannot curve or rotate within the fused area. It can curve or rotate above or below the fusion.

--Linda
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
      X