infection symtoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• infection symtoms

i have muscular dystrophy and i am 10 years post-op and about a year ago i developed 2 deep wounds on my back, 1 on the scar and another near my sacrum both places are where bed sores form, i did sleep on my back all night the year before because of bi-pap machine. they drain i had cultures taken from them and they were negative. about 2 months ago they got infected went into the hospital for 5 days on iv antibiotics, blood tests cleared up and sent home. ive been to wound doctor been packing the wounds no luck. my surgen moved from columbus to chicago pernendu gupta, so its hard to find a doctor. ive read on these forums were people had thier rods removed due to infection i would like to see what thier symtoms were, because i am too weak to have mine removed.

Could you contact Dr. Gupta in Chicago and explain your situation? Perhaps he could then refer you to a doctor near you.

Chris

Comment

I am 9 months post op and I have to go in for another surgery to fix a problem with my lower back and to make things worse I got a staph infection from the original surgery. Two months of antibiotics has not worked. I first had a staph infection at the end of my incision and when it cleared up a few months later the doctor found out (from a blood test) that the staph infection did not leave it went deeper to my bone, on the outside you couldn't see an infection. I was experiencing a lot of pain in my legs and my hip and the doctor couldn't see anything wrong so he ordered some blood work and found out the same staph infection was inside me the same spot on the outside where it was weeping months earlier. I suggest you ask for blood test to check for infection, your family doctor can order that blood test. If you have a infection and see an infectious disease doctor. Best of luck to you.

Sue

Comment

Working...
      X