How can i disguise my brace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i disguise my brace?

In 2 days i am getting a boston brace. Im so scared and getting really depressed. I love wearing tight clothes, as im only 13, but i dont know what i can wear with it. Ive always been conscious of what i wear.
    Can i still wear tight clothes? Or what clothes hide it?

Thanks

xxxx

i have always been obsesed with tight clotes. i have to watch what color t-shirts i wear because of my colored brace. the only thing on my brace that shows are my buckles on the back but, it doesn't bother me wheather or notit bothers you i don't know. have of my guy friends dont even know i have it. oh... i forgot deprnding on how high the back of your brace goes you may just be able to see that... but their again it doesnt bother me. i forget somtimes im even wearing it, somedays i try to lay on my desk during a movie or something and i forget i have it on. any questions or comments you can e-mail me at jrodslilsis@aim.com or if u have aim you can aim me at jrodslilsis.
    thanx scoliosisat12 or jodi <3<3
    Jodi Lynn
    Milwaukee Brace from age 11-13
    Surgery June 30th (age 14)
    Now 16 and as happy as ever
    *Brace Yourself*

Comment

i honestly gave up on hiding it.
      i really dont care.
      at first i wore hoodies.
      i have like 40 something now. ahha.

so since its november, wear hoodies for a bit?

goodluck. (:
      i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

hiya, im a bit older than you. But i know exacly what you mean. It is hard to find clothes to hide it. Mostly i wear skinny jeans, then like a long cardigan or jumper. Try topshop and warehouse, they have quite a few nice ones. That pretty much covers up mine. I no its hard, and when i go out shopping it gets so frustrating, but just hand on in there. Try looking on shops websites first then go to buy the items, so your not going round tring on stuff, it will just get frustrating. Hope that helps xxx
        XxX..SaRaH..XxX

Comment

Thankz for the help you lot!
          Not in my brace my curve was 38 degrees but in the brace its 22 degrees!
          Still not sure if i need the op, i will find out in a years time! xxx

Comment

Hey, I know exactly where you're coming from on this. I am around the same age as you. At first, I completely freaked out about it and tried to hide it by wearing hoodies and stuff. But now, I'm completely comfortable with it showing a little bit. (mine shows at the top - it comes up to my collar bone.) I still wear tight clothes, as long as I get them a few sizes bigger. I like shopping at American Eagle//Aeropostale//Hollister, so I just have to get their stuff in a medium size. Sometimes, a small will even fit. :]
            Good luck, and I hope it works out for you! :]
            braceyourself.

Comment

Scoli babi,

Don't be scared or too upset! I know it's tough. I was a little older then you when I got my Boston Brace and wore it for 2 years. (I'm 19 now and really appreciate not having to have had surgery thanks to that clunky piece of plastic.) Definitely invest in some stretch jeans, preferably with pockets on the butt (distracts and hides any bumps the brace can make if your brace does go that low). Also, the style now is those flowy type shirts that are tight under your chest and flow out. Those should help hide it. Look for shirts that are a little thicker and more durable than the normal thin cotton found in A&E and Hollister. I always found that when I wore thin shirts they would get little holes in the back from my straps. You'll get to the point though when your brace becomes a part of you and your not afraid to let everyone know that you have it. I was very open about it. It was easier to laugh it off with my friends then try so hard to hide something. Good luck!! Hope some of this helps!!

<3 Francesca
              Francesca
              19 years old College Soph
              Diagnosed: 6th grade (can't remember curve degrees)
              Boston Brace 2000-2002, 23/7...
              Curves reside at 35T and 33L
              Aug 2002: Osteoid Osteoma (tumor) removed from L3
              Jan 26.. diagnosed with slow progressing DDD and sacroiliitis.. get fitted for my new SI Belt on the 31st

Comment

Working...
              X