3 wks post-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 wks post-op

i'm doing great no more pain in my legs or hips,spine i'm getting around good my husband took me for a ride and dinner last weekend and i was able to walk a distance without pain cant wait to get even better where we can take walks by the beach ,malls like we use to thankx guys for being there for all this time take care

Congrats
    T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
    2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
    3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
    Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Welcome back -- good for you!!
      Chris
      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Good news!

Keep up the good work! Be careful not to overdo it as your confidence grows... Been there and wore the T-shirt.....we look forward to more hearing about your good progress! Lisa
        Lisa age 47
        T curve 69 degrees
        L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
        fused to from T-3 to sacrum
        anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
        pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

What a wonderfully encouraging post to all of those considering having the surgery!!!

Congratulations on not only your recovery, but the strength you are passing on to others here!!!

Lot's of respect,
          Shari

Comment

hello curve52,
            I'm almost 2 weeks post-op! I hope I can be where you are at 3 weeks. I'm still afraid of getting into and out of the van/suv. It was hard enough trying to get into the van from the hospital to go home! it's good to hear of your progress!

Jane
            -----------------
            Jane

34 yrs old
            Diagnosed at 12; Boston Brace for a year; ScoliTron for 3 months. Curves left untreated after 13 yrs old until 27yrs old.
            Pre-Op Upper Curve: 49; Post-Op: 14
            Pre-Op Lower Curve: 51; Post-Op: 18
            Posterior Reconstruction from T2-L3 on Oct 22, 2007
            Dr McNulty - UMC Hospital

Las Vegas, NV

Comment

hi jane

Originally posted by dajanerz
              hello curve52,
              I'm almost 2 weeks post-op! I hope I can be where you are at 3 weeks. I'm still afraid of getting into and out of the van/suv. It was hard enough trying to get into the van from the hospital to go home! it's good to hear of your progress!

Jane
              how are you i when i came home i told my husband to bring the car it's hard getting in suv's at first but now it's ok but i think my surgery was different them yours i have spacers placed between the bones in my spine the were resting on my nerves it was the L1,2 L3,4 but being cut in your back is no joke i'm healing pretty good and i'm also doing everything the dr. says i hope you get better soon take care

Comment

Working...
              X