Certain activities after fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certain activities after fusion

If there's anyone with a long fusion, perhaps to the sacrum, who is still able to enjoy gardening, I'd love to hear from you.
    Thanks in advance. Nora

Dear Nora,

I've never planted in my life because of my back pain....lately I've been nesting( for anyone who doesn't know what nesting is....it happens when a woman is in her 9th month of pregnency, she has all this crazy energy and fixes the house, shops, cooks and freezes foods, gets ready for the newborn)..so I've been doing all these crazy things {without being pregnent} before surgery with the help of percocets.....
    back to the story, nora I just planted all thes impatients in a huge circle in front of my home..I feel so happy and it looks beautiful....so my guess is you can definitely garden...what happens is we adapt...it's when a person has no sight the other senses are sharpened....when one arn is useless the other becomes stronger...so with you being fused to the sacum, your adaptation will come thru other parts of the body..If I know you and you love to graden YOU WILL FIND A WAY>>NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WHEN YOUR HEART IS STRONG
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism