Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Lieberman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Lieberman

This is my first time to post anything on this forum. I am 50 years old and have had scoliosis since I was 13. I wore a brace from 7th grade until 12th grade, the doctor that treated me at that time told me that my scoliosis would not progress if I wore this brace until I was 18 years old; well it has progressed, and I am having lower back pain almost everyday. I now have a curve of 70 degrees thoracic and 74 degrees lumbar. I am going to the cleveland clinic in cleveland ohio to get evaluated for possible surgery. Has anyone had surgery or heard of Dr. Lieberman at the clinic. I would like to hear from anyone who has had surgery by this surgeon. Thanks, Karen50

Welcome Karen!

Hi Karen,

I haven't had surgery by your surgeon, but I've had the surgery done and just wanted you to know you're not alone. Perhaps you can ask your surgeon's office for references with whom you can commiserate. It's a big deal to endure, so get all the info and support you can muster!
    Good luck and keep us posted!

Sharon
    Singing the Blues
    Female 1951
    A/P Surgery Oct 13th & 17th '05, from T7-L5, 46 degree curve reduced to 19 degrees. Rib hump almost gone, but I have flatback. Thought it was "normal" and I would improve over time. I developed kyphosis above the surgical area. Had surgery with Dr Menmuir in Reno, Nv on October 13, 2010.
    Today I am still plagued with flatback, and I'm considering ALIF surgery.

Comment

Hi Karen,

I had my surgery at the Cleveland Clinic, but not by the same surgeon.

There are several Doctor's spread thoughout this country that are very qualified. As long as you check out they're previous history regarding adult scoli surgery, in your heart you feel comfortable with him, and it never hurts to talk to their other patients, that's a big hurdle!!!

I had gone to so many Doctor's that I never felt that "connection" with, and I knew within the first 10 minutes that I was going to let my guy operate on me.

Good luck,
      Shari

Comment

Cleveland Clinic

Thank you for your suggestions and support, I can sure use it. I will keep you informed.

Karen50

Comment

Dr. Leiberman

I see Dr. Teck Mun Soo in MI. He wants me to see him, but isn't taking new patients. My neuro thinks he is the best in the world. Just my surgeon two cents. Lois
          Lois
          T4 to T11 surgery???

Comment

Working...
          X