PDA

View Full Version : Spinecor Wearers..

LaurenEmalee
10-24-2007, 09:49 AM
I need help. I am having major problems with the crotch straps and the thigh bands. They are hurting my legs horribly. I've been in this brace since April and wear boy shorts under it to sleep. What can I do to stop the hurting? Please help me!

Lauren

WNCmom
10-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Are you saying they hurt because they're too tight, or do they chafe? I only have about 2 weeks experience with the brace and don't know if I can help, but it would be useful to know how the crotch straps and thigh bands are bothering you.

rtremb
10-25-2007, 01:21 AM
We are having the same problem. Does anyone have a solution? Esme can hardly sit down. Can they be loosened a little bit?
Ruth

Celia
10-25-2007, 07:21 AM
In the Spinecor manual it says that the crotch straps should be sit comfortably on the patient. I would loosen them if it's too tight.

LaurenEmalee
10-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Are you saying they hurt because they're too tight, or do they chafe? I only have about 2 weeks experience with the brace and don't know if I can help, but it would be useful to know how the crotch straps and thigh bands are bothering you.

Yea, they do Chafe.. but it hurts really badly.. I feel like a guy when i sit down because sometimes it hurts so bad that I can't put my legs together.. =(

anwmom
10-29-2007, 12:51 AM
My daughter experienced chafing and pain with the crotch straps and thigh bands also. We finally found dance shorts that have made a big difference. She doesn't complain of any chafing now. They are made of 91% Tactel nylon and 9% nylon. Made by a US company...Motion Wear. Their website is www.motionwear.com. I am not sure if you can order directly through their site. I order through a local dance supply store.

On a seperate note, she loves the Body Wrappers tank tops that we get from the dance store. Not sure if they have a website.

good luck and hang in there!

rtremb
10-29-2007, 01:18 AM
We loosened the crotch straps just enough and Esme hasn't complained about them since......
Ruth