Pain, Surgery, Rehab, Yoga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain, Surgery, Rehab, Yoga

I have a 55 degree mid thorasic curve and came from the spine doc yesterday, who said try PT again, ( I have had it many times over the years with no luck) come back in 6 weeks, and if the pain is still there it might be surgery time. Well, I have been sitting all day at a new job which is changing to a stand/sit work station any day and I have been wearing the wrong orthotics in my shoes ,which has stressed out my sacro joint on my curvature side, which makes my curve sore and it runs down to my leg. So that pain in the Sacro area is very strong at times and I was advised not to have the sacro injection either. I have tried everything out there and Well, I am torn between starting ths PT again, I think it will be another waste of time and money. I am trying to find something else for pain, instead of surgery, which I have always steered away from especially after reading all the posts on revisions, and people in more pain after surgery. Yoga, PT, Surgery, extra time to maybe heal that joint??

Hi : Go to www.scoliosistreatment-schroth.com for more information .

Comment

GHD,

Why did your doc tell you to stay away from injections in your SI joint?

Not all scoi patients that have had surgery have residual pain or problems. The reason this web site is here is for the people that have had continueing problems or are seeking info.

SandyC
      SandyC

Comment

My doctor first recommended PT, which I tried with out success. I am now scheduled for surgery. I also do yoga, which sometimes feels good (it certainly helps my spine stay flexible, and sometimes is painful, depending on the day. I know this flexibility will be an asset when surgery time arrives (in less than 6 weeks!) Good luck.
        2000 34*L/39*T
        2007 44*L/53*T

12.3.07 Posterior Spinal Fusion T4-T12
        (initially planned T4-L1)
        12.18.07 11*L/10*T

23 years old

Comment

You can try Rolfing also known as Structural Integration.
          Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
          Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Pain

I'd recommend the Yoga for Scoliosis workbook/dvd, and getting deep tissue massage therapy. If you can afford it, I'd recommend going to the MT about 3x a week for a couple weeks. He/she could really get into those back muscles, and ease the pain.

I'm not a massage therapist--just a client of one who would go every day if I could afford it!

dsal

Comment

Working...
            X