Home Traction Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Traction Unit

My dr. suggested a Home Traction Unit for my neck. (I have slight Scoliosis, with a curve in my neck/cervical region.) I tried this at the Physical Therapist's today, and it felt really good. It just seemed to stretch out those scrunched-up vertebrae. Of course they will just go back into place anyways, but it still felt nice to give that area a nice stretch.

Does anyone have one of these units at home? Do you use it? Do you like it?
    (I don't know the name of the one I tried--but it lays on a table, and you put your head between two neck-rest knobs. Then you pump it up with something that looks similar to a blood-pressure pump to adjust the traction.)
    I'm not sure if this is the exact unit, but it looks like this: http://www.painreliever.com/saunder_...ml#ProdDetails

Thanks,
    dsal
    Last edited by dsal; 10-23-2007, 02:32 PM. Reason: edited to add link

Unfortunately I don't know anything about it but I'd also be interested in hearing if others have any input!
    daughter, 12, diagnosed 8/07 with 19T/13L
    -Braced in spinecor 10/07 - 8/12 with excellent in brace correction and stable/slightly decreased out of brace curves.
    -Introduced Providence brace as adjunct at night in 11/2011 in anticipation of growth spurt. Curves still stable.
    -Currently in Boston Brace. Growth spurt is here and curves (and rotation) have increased to 23T/17L

Comment

Working...
    X