Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers needed

Hi everybody,
    I wasn't sure where to post this, but here goes.....please join me in praying for Renee and her family as well as her community as they prepare for a potential evacuation from the deadly fires in California. Renee told me that several of the neighborhoods in San Marcos have already been evacuated and her family has already started packing some of their belongings. Please keep them in your prayers.
    Lori

Mom to Christopher, age 17, Mark, 13, Heather, 10 and Michael, 8
    Chris had surgery with Dr. John Flynn at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on December 12, 2007. He is fused T4 to L4.
    Dr. Flynn is an AMAZING surgeon!

Will do - I was watching CNN and it looks very serious.
    Ruth
    Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

Thanks for putting this up here Lori. I will certainly be thinking about her and her families safety. I hope all is well.

Renee, if you have a chance, please post here and let us know how you're doing.

Comment

I, too, will keep Renee's family - and everyone else in that area - in my prayers.
        mariaf305@yahoo.com
        Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
        Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

I did check with Renee today & so far they have not had to evacuate at this point but they are ready if need be.
          I hope all goes well, Lynne

Comment

Hi guys,

It's been a long and stressful couple of days. We are still ok so far, one of the fires did come within a few miles and all it would have taken is a shift in the wind for it to head in our direction. That's the thing, just when you start to feel like you might be safe, the winds shift and new fires start popping up. My hubby had made a quick run to the grocery store when I heard on the news that a reverse 911 call went out to the Harmony Grove community just south of us. by the time he got back smoke was blowing in our direction and we were just about ready to leave. Only thing is once you evacuate it may be hard to get back to your house, so as long as we didn't see flames we decided to stay put. One of the popular weather anchors had to flee his house he lived in 25+ years, and he actually was live on tv reporting it while it burned down in front of him I recommend to all to document your house & valuables while you have time, yesterday I was quickly trying to photogragh so many things we would have to leave behind. And I really, really recommend getting all photos organized in albums, not like the bagfuls I was throwing into the van

Thanks guys, for your well wishes and prayers. I am grateful my family is ok for the time being. It would be sad to lose our house and stuff, but it's only stuff, as long as family is together we can make it through. Please pray for the many families throughout California who have lost everything in these horrible fires.
            Renee

Comment

Renee,

We are all thinking about you and your family and we hope you remain safe and sound. Please keep us posted.
              Melissa
              From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
              Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Our hearts are with you and your family, Renee. We're thinking about you.

Susan

Comment

It looks like we will be ok- here are some photos I took throughout the past few days, I think the most recent posted first.
                  http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd96/drjava/

Renee

Comment

Hi Renee,
                    I'm so glad to hear that you and your family are safe and sound. Those pictures are unbelievable!
                    Lori

Mom to Christopher, age 17, Mark, 13, Heather, 10 and Michael, 8
                    Chris had surgery with Dr. John Flynn at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on December 12, 2007. He is fused T4 to L4.
                    Dr. Flynn is an AMAZING surgeon!

Comment

Working...
                    X