Update on SusanGP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on SusanGP

SusanGP's daughter sent me an update on her mom yesterday and wanted me to share it with everyone. Susan had her anterior surgery last Monday (10/15) and everything went well. She was supposed to have her posterior surgery 10/17, but she had a few episodes in the ICU with her BP dropping really low. They gave her lots of blood and fluids and as of yesterday she was doing really well and today around noon is having the posterior surgery. Her daughhter has been able to stay with her at nights to provide her support which I am sure has helped her. (Even though you may be drugged up, it's nice to have someone there.) Apparently Susan is taller than her daughter again. (T10-S1)

We will definitely be thinking good thoughts for Susan's surgery today!

Take care-
    Jen
    A/P fusion 5.9.07 (T5-L1)

Jen,

Thank you for the update, and please let her daughter know that we all are thinking about her mother and that they are both in our thoughts!!!

Shari

Comment

Jen- Thanks for the update on Susan-

I laughed when I ready the part about her being taller than her daughter again because I had the incentive to stand up post-op just to see if I was taller than my sister for the first time in my life. I had my husband take a picture, and I looked at it often after I got home.

I hope her second surgery goes smoothly, and she spends less time in ICU. Tell her she is in our prayers. Lisa
      Lisa age 47
      T curve 69 degrees
      L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
      fused to from T-3 to sacrum
      anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
      pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Thanks Shari - I'll pass along your message to Susan's daughter.

Lisa - love that you had your husband take a picture of you to show that you are now taller than your sister!

I did get another update late Monday night on Susan's second surgery. Not a whole lot of info, but it went well. She did lose a lot of blood, but they were able to improve her clotting so it was manageable.

As I get more updates I will definitely pass them along.

Take care-
        Jen
        A/P T5-L1 on 5.9.07

Comment

Working...
        X