Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Boachie Nominated for CNN Heroes Tribute

Hello all,

I nominated my daughter's surgeon, Dr. Boachie at HSS, for this special on CNN, and I just heard back from the producers that he's been selected as a possible finalist! The producer asked me if I knew of any other people who would be willing to speak to CNN about their experiences with Dr. Boachie. It could be patients, nurses, parents, anyone. I know he's made a difference in so many lives. If you want to help get him on the show, please send me a PM with your email address and or phone number, and I will pass it on to the producer. She asked that I try to get her some other names within 72 hours.

Link to show: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2007/cnn.heroes/

Thanks for your help!
    Susanna
    ~~~~~~
    Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Hi Susanna!

How nice to see a post from you! How is your daughter doing?

What an awesome thing you did for Dr. Boachie-he certainly deserves it. I'm sure you'll have many people singing his praises.

Renee

Comment

Hi Renee,

How's your son doing? My daughter is doing really well. She's 2.5 years post-op, and the surgery feels like something that happened in the distant past. She is having scar revision surgery over Christmas break, because she has a wicked 24 incher that has some adhesions and such, but that's a small price to pay for being pain free and having a straight back (not to mention being able to breathe).

Hope you're doing well too!

Susanna
      Susanna
      ~~~~~~
      Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Just saw that your 9 year old was just diagnosed. My ten year old nephew also... My fingers are crossed for you.
        Susanna
        ~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
        X