Anyone with compensating Lordosis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with compensating Lordosis?

Just wondering if anyone here has compensating lordosis from having scoliosis/kyphosis? I'm also wondering for those of you who have this compensating lordosis and have had spinal fusion - is a seperate fusion required for the lordosis? Or does the compensating sway back go away with the correction of the kyphosis/scoliosis?

Thanks,

I do have lordosis, along with my big kyphotic curve and compensatory scoli S-curve. However, I didn't know I had lordosis until Dr. Boachie saw it at my first appointment with him - other ortho surgeons seen previously never mentioned it.
    As far as I know, there are no plans now to fuse my lower back, except for L5-S1 (see below) for a different reason. Dr. Boachie expects that once the kyphosis is corrected, they other curves will go away.
    As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet
      I do have lordosis, along with my big kyphotic curve and compensatory scoli S-curve. However, I didn't know I had lordosis until Dr. Boachie saw it at my first appointment with him - other ortho surgeons seen previously never mentioned it.
      As far as I know, there are no plans now to fuse my lower back, except for L5-S1 (see below) for a different reason. Dr. Boachie expects that once the kyphosis is corrected, they other curves will go away.
      Thanks!! That was what I was hoping for

Comment

Working...
      X