PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with compensating Lordosis?

Canadian_Bacon
10-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Just wondering if anyone here has compensating lordosis from having scoliosis/kyphosis? I'm also wondering for those of you who have this compensating lordosis and have had spinal fusion - is a seperate fusion required for the lordosis? Or does the compensating sway back go away with the correction of the kyphosis/scoliosis?

Thanks,

Janet
10-14-2007, 07:09 PM
I do have lordosis, along with my big kyphotic curve and compensatory scoli S-curve. However, I didn't know I had lordosis until Dr. Boachie saw it at my first appointment with him - other ortho surgeons seen previously never mentioned it.
As far as I know, there are no plans now to fuse my lower back, except for L5-S1 (see below) for a different reason. Dr. Boachie expects that once the kyphosis is corrected, they other curves will go away.

Canadian_Bacon
10-14-2007, 10:46 PM
I do have lordosis, along with my big kyphotic curve and compensatory scoli S-curve. However, I didn't know I had lordosis until Dr. Boachie saw it at my first appointment with him - other ortho surgeons seen previously never mentioned it.
As far as I know, there are no plans now to fuse my lower back, except for L5-S1 (see below) for a different reason. Dr. Boachie expects that once the kyphosis is corrected, they other curves will go away.

Thanks!! That was what I was hoping for :)