Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery is this Thursday Oct. 18th!!!

Hi to all

Seems that I have been so busy lately as I am preparing for this surgery that I have not spent too much time here lately. But, I will tell you this...I have learned quite a bit about this surgery in most all aspects on this forum. I am very thankful for everyone's help here along the way. I am getting a little nervous and I am also ready to have all of this behind me now.
    SusanGP, I wish all the best for you and please stay positive. We are all praying and hoping for the best in your surgery and recovery. I honestly feel that we are all doing the right thing. I believe it will be harder to live with scoliosis all our lives than it will be for the months of recovery, as down the road it seems that most of us do quite well. Hopes of less pain and pain meds.

My dr. has came to a decision on doing only the posterior instead of both which was originally planned. Is having one surgery as oppossed to two surgeries easier as far as recovery and pain?

Debbie
    A/P Surgery Oct.15 and 18, 2007
    T2 to Sacrum
    Pre-surgery 56* T 60* L
    Post-surgery 28* T 30* L
    Dr. Pashman, Cedars-Sinai Hospital
    Bevery Hills, CA

Debbie, age 51 at surgery.
    Now, 59 yrs young :-)

Best of luck to you! You'll be in our thoughts.

Anya
    "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
    Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
    19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Debbie--I will be thinking of you with your surgery and wish you a smooth recovery. I would think it would be easier to recover from a posterior than a post/ant. surgery. I never was bothered by the back incision. Ly-

Comment

Best wishes and prayers...to both of you

Debbie, I don't know about the one incision, but neither of mine dealt me many problems either. Keep up the positive outlook and we'll be waiting to hear yours and Susan's good news. God bless..Lisa
        Lisa age 47
        T curve 69 degrees
        L curve 40 degrees more or less - compensatory
        fused to from T-3 to sacrum
        anterior and posterior surgeries completed June 1, 2007
        pushing hard in recovery !!

Comment

Very best of luck to you. My anterior incision is the one that gives me the most pain, so perhaps your recovery will be easier with just the posterior one. I hope so!
          Chris
          A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
          Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
          Post-op curve: 12 degrees
          Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

From Carmeng

Carmen wishes you the best and wants you to know that you can do this and we will be thinking about you.

Comment

Best of luck!

Debbie,

My thoughts will be with you. I sent you a private message, too, so check it out.
              Cathy, age 60
              A/P fusion surgeries April 2007,
              T2-sacrum
              Dr. Pashman, Cedars-Sinai, L.A.
              T correction 45 - 24 degrees
              L correction 66 - 46 degrees

Comment

Hi Debbie - i'm new to the forum - i'm sorry i didn't find it sooner. I also live in Vegas! Good luck with your surgery this week! I'm having mine with Dr McNulty on the 22nd! My pre-op appt is on the 18th - so it will be interesting to find what more there is to know about this surgery on top of the great info I am finding through all the members here on the forum.
                Hope to hear from you soon!
                -----------------
                Jane

34 yrs old
                Diagnosed at 12; Boston Brace for a year; ScoliTron for 3 months. Curves left untreated after 13 yrs old until 27yrs old.
                Pre-Op Upper Curve: 49; Post-Op: 14
                Pre-Op Lower Curve: 51; Post-Op: 18
                Posterior Reconstruction from T2-L3 on Oct 22, 2007
                Dr McNulty - UMC Hospital

Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Debbie - I'm sending positive thoughts to you. Best wishes for an easy recovery.
                  As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Working...
                  X