A question for my fellow women...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for my fellow women...

I think I remember the doctor's telling me that my menstrual cycle would be messed up after my surgery, but I'm not sure. I'm late, is it anything to be concerned with?

I think it does. I got mine the day after my surgery then around 8 wks later but im now nearly 5 months post op and haven't got my period for 3 months. I haven't been to the doc's about this as i thought it would be affected by this op.

If anyone knows otherwise please let us know!!!
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

I have read it's normal for your period to be affected by the surgeryl I am 8 months post op. A couple of days after surgery I got my period and after that I didn't get it for two months. When I did get it - it was light and would last for two or three days (I normally get it for 6 days). It got back to normal schedule and flow about 6 months post op.

Sue

Comment

I didn't get my period for 2 months after surgery. As others have said, surgery messes with your cycle. Your body has undergone a lot of trauma, so it only seems normal.

Best,
        Anya
        "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
        Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
        19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Birth Control?

How long after surgery can you get back on the pill? Does that help regulate your cycle?

Thanks!
          2000 34*L/39*T
          2007 44*L/53*T

12.3.07 Posterior Spinal Fusion T4-T12
          (initially planned T4-L1)
          12.18.07 11*L/10*T

23 years old

Comment

I didnt receive my period till a month after. It is very normal for you not to get your period. All the medication you were on has disturbed your hormones and it is normal for your cycle to be messed up. I got on birth control about a month after i received surgery. I have been ok ever since!
            -cole

Comment

I got my period the day BEFORE my surgery, 3 weeks earlier than usual. It was pretty embarassing and such a nuisance, but the nurses handled it and said nerves can bring on your period early or make it late. Thankfully I was so hopped up on morphine afterwards that I hardly remember them "dealing" with it. Thank goodness!
              lisanicolegrace
              29/F/Canada
              Surgery - 11/10/2000
              80° curve to 19° post op.
              www.lisanicolegrace.com
              @lisanicolegrace
              facebook
              x-rays
              picture of my back

Comment

I just spoke to my PCP, and she suggested I could just stay on birth control through the surgery, and that should control getting my period. Did any of you try this?

Thanks...
                2000 34*L/39*T
                2007 44*L/53*T

12.3.07 Posterior Spinal Fusion T4-T12
                (initially planned T4-L1)
                12.18.07 11*L/10*T

23 years old

Comment

Working...
                X